Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Newbie - 48 peri and just started HRT  (Read 1057 times)

Emma74

Newbie - 48 peri and just started HRT
« on: April 11, 2023, 11:27:06 AM »

Hello everyone, thank goodness for a site like this where we can ask questions!

I started patches 2 weeks ago and on Ustrogen 200mg ( i have decided to take vaginally so 100mg days 12-25)

I spent a good 2 weeks before braving the first patch, so far so good ( I didn't die) started ustrogen last night and very little on this and what to expect. I had almost instant discharge from the pill which is ok but it then expelled itself an hour later when I needed the loo. I have read that absorption is within 15 minutes so think its ok. Just a shock!

My main issue is anxiety/panic/palpations but have lots of other symptoms.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie - 48 peri and just started HRT
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 11:34:19 AM »

Hi! HRT can be Trial and Error.  The vagina often rejects what it feels is a foreign body  ::).

Some find that keeping a food/mood/symptom diary of use to chart progress.

When did the anxiety begin?  Those symptoms can become noticeable as hormones rise and fall. 

Ask away  :welcomemm:

Emma74

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2023, 01:08:04 PM »

I have had anxiety on and off most of my life but it feels different now and very consuming. I'm very agoraphobic so have not been able to book a holiday for three years. I'm hoping the patches give me a new lease of life!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2023, 01:12:25 PM »

Oh don't get me started on booking holidays  >:( >:(.  I'm OK if I do spontaneous things, on Sunday we went to an antique fair with plenty of space even though busy - then onto a large Country Fair, again busy but I was absolutely fine.  1 of the best days ever!

But: we have friends in Devon - if I even think about going to visit  :'(  :-\.  I have over the years learnt my limitations, kind of. 

How badly are you affected?   In the 1990s I had 3 months of not being able to leave the house, not even into my garden  :'(.  Better now.

Emma74

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2023, 01:29:15 PM »

At the moment I am able to come into the office twice a week. 18 min train journey so on a good week I get there both days but travel after the busy morning rush. I would say today it's getting a bit better but last year I had to force myself to go to the local (4 min away) Aldi in a sweat and panic. I have amazing years when I am more than fine but stress gets the better of me and I shut myself away as a defence. Doesn't do much for my love life   ;D

I had BPPV (veritgo) in 2020 and it took my 9 months to go out on my own and I know that has had a knock on effect.

I'm glad you had a good day Sunday, makes the work of difference and sounded like fun!