Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Men  (Read 4605 times)

Moonshine54

Re: Men
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2023, 07:11:45 PM »

Thank you for all the lovely replies it means such alot that you care. It can be a very tough journey at times .i am.not sure my husband will ever understand.  He still isnt talking to me and i feel more upset and angry 😡 . I feel let down disapointed xx 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2023, 07:18:25 PM »

I can't bare people who sulk.

If it happened here, I would down tools completely.  Separate washing boxes so that I could do mine and not his ....... etc..  Or I would get really angry and slam down a cup of tea beside him, "What exactly is your problem?  U R not fighting in Ukraine or Russia so get yourself together and realise that I cannot help my hormonal upheavals".  Then it would be back to washing my crocks, clothes etc. ;-).

jaypo

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2023, 07:42:33 PM »

Oh I hate that too,it's very childish and things NEED to be talked about,I'm so lucky I have a OH who understands (well,almost) but it is a very difficult thing to explain.Is there no way,you can sit down with him? Maybe start by saying....I love you but you need to know what I'm going through. When I look back and remember what I put my OH through, I feel bad,it's a shock for them too.Hope you get things sorted xx

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2023, 08:24:31 AM »

I hope that he stops sulking.  Attention seeking ?  How long does this situation usually continue for  :-\ and who breaks the silence?

Moonshine54

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2023, 02:54:59 PM »

Thank you all for kind replies. I am now too angry to speak to him. I dont think he tries to understand.  I am not doung anymore cooking for him or washing.  He never does either. I know alot of this is me but i feel let down. Thank you again for checking on me and caring xx

Ayesha

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2023, 03:13:24 PM »

A sad situation but not at all unusual. I hope you can work it all out eventually!

jaypo

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2023, 03:54:30 PM »

Do either of you work?

Moonshine54

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2023, 05:23:49 PM »

I work fulltime ..he is semi 'retired . It just makes me feel worse . I work at home but do cooking washing. He does clean etc.... i am more upset that he hasn't supported me and still isnt talking.  I am worried for my marriage to be honest. X

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2023, 05:38:37 PM »

Many worry about relationships during The Change - print off advice for husbands, leave it for a few days then approach the fact that you are a) not responsible for your hormone upheavals and b) you are not responsible for his reactions!

Let us know how you get on.  R these feelings cyclical?

jaypo

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2023, 07:09:58 PM »

Such a shame, I really sympathise with you,it's horrible living like that,like clkd says,maybe print off the advice for husbands and just leave it lying for him

Moonshine54

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2023, 08:33:45 PM »

I know i think it puts a massive strain on relationships.  I feel a bit like a crazy women at times. I will print that advice off and leave it lying about.  He is speaking to me but doesn't  really understand.  He just tbinks i was trying to start an argument. Xx

uote author=CLKD link=topic=65711.msg903528#msg903528 date=1681321117]
Many worry about relationships during The Change - print off advice for husbands, leave it for a few days then approach the fact that you are a) not responsible for your hormone upheavals and b) you are not responsible for his reactions!

Let us know how you get on.  R these feelings cyclical?
[/quote]

Moonshine54

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2023, 08:38:27 PM »

I had alot of cyclical issues all my life and through this stage. However  i hadnt had a period  since last july and havent had amy issues until now. I am blaming jet lag. Its easing a bit now but has been horrendous.  I am hoping its a last surge xx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2023, 04:26:05 PM »

:(
I have really struggled with my hormones over the hoilday weekend.  I have just had words with my hubby. He knows i am struggling but doesnt offer support. I have made dinner and again done most household jobs.  He said i have been in a bad mood most of the day and have taken it out on him.
I just feel so upset 😡 angry and unsupported.  I told him that he is very selfish. He just put his ear phones on . I just feel so dismissed.  I know its probably my hormones but I dont feel supported. He has eaten a full dinner and never offered to even make me a cup of tea.  :'( sorry for the rant xx

Hi Big hugs hunni I can totally relate!!!
Its like you were describing myself and my hubby. Men can be v v selfish.

I like you feel very unsupported at times and do a lot but getting very little done for me.

I hope your feeling better now our bloody hormones are a pain.

Xxx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2023, 04:40:18 PM »

Thank you for all the lovely replies it means such alot that you care. It can be a very tough journey at times .i am.not sure my husband will ever understand.  He still isnt talking to me and i feel more upset and angry 😡 . I feel let down disapointed xx

Hey hunni

Men are like big sulky kids at least mine is and yours sounds the same. Let him stew. You have enough to deal with!
This situation you describe is so similiar to what I encounter.

I do alot for my hubby and son and get very little done for me and when we are feeling overwhelmed then yes it is annoying.

I know men cant multi task as quite often I am ironing and making the tea whilst running a bath for my son. But when it comes to multi tasking rather than juggle a few tasks like me hubby asks which task I want to do and he will do the other! Maybe use this with you and your hubby as I use it back and it seems to work!
I was just as angry as you a couple of days ago as similiar issue.  I was ironing and my son wanted something to eat. So I asked hubby to pop into kitchen and put oven on.  His reply "Ahh but I am seating down!"
I kept calm and said "well get up then".

Luckily the crazy anger rages didnt surface but if it had his response would of been I was being moody!!

Bloody men!

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2023, 08:33:38 PM »

Men  >:(

Did he get up to switch on the oven?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5