Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bleeding still its been a month  (Read 568 times)

Toomuchstress

Bleeding still its been a month
« on: April 16, 2023, 12:56:19 PM »

Hi All ,

So I feel a lot better stopping all the HRT ,

But it's been nearly a month and I haven't stopped bleeding (apart from a day here and there) , I wasnt on HRT long only a month , due to me having health anxiety , the HRT patch making me feel "on edge" I took it off after about 3 and half weeks ,

I went to see the doctor and they didnt tell me why I was bleeding for so long , they just prescribed me "Tranexamic Acid 500mg" and was told to take 2 tablets 3 times a day (I thought 3000mg per day was a lot) ,
But halfway through second day still bleeding and I feel so terrible lethargic ,

Last night I had the worst cramping ever and run to the toilet which happened 3 times, 

Anyone else had any experiance like myself
I was worried because I had a smear come back with abnormal cells and had to have a biopsy,  cut a long story short it was decided that I would have another smear in a years time and take it from there ,
That year is up next month ,

I don't want to Google anything because it says the worse things,

I felt happy when I went to the toilet at 6am and again at 7.30am and had no blood but then at 10ish it was back ,

This is making me feel miserable , my period was supposed to be 2 days ago but I've been bleeding a month so started the tablets anyway ,

I don't get why I've also had cramping now and again during the month of bleeding ,

Any info I'd gladly appreciate as I'd rather hear from people's own experiance rather than Google it

Thanks everyone x

Flossieteacake

Re: Bleeding still its been a month
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 01:32:09 PM »

You have made the right decision not to google anything as it always seems to point to something extreme. In peri periods can be very erratic which is frustrating. You could bleed for a long time or have a period then another shortly after.

From reading the NHS website is does say you are on the right dose of Tranexamic Adic:

Tranexamic acid comes as 500mg tablets. For adults the usual dose is 2 or 3 tablets, taken 3 times a day. Doses are usually lower for people with kidney problems.

I imagine the bleeding is making you feel lethargic too as it is very draining. I hope you are keeping up with iron rich foods and if not perhaps a supplement could help.

I can understand why you are worried and it is good you have a smear test due soon to help put your mind at rest.

Sorry to hear you are having cramping too. It sounds painful and horrible. Hopefully the cramping will stop and the new medication helps to reduce the bleeding.

Curlygirl

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 03:07:52 PM »

Toomuchstress, I feel for you I really do❤️

I myself have just had 5 weeks of bleeding, although mine was light and a week of brown spotting in there as well.

Be gentle with yourself as it will make you feel tired

I missed a period in February and bled for all of March.

I think that’s why I had a long bleed because of a long gap??

Infact, my periods have gone haywire since November last year and I never know what to expect anymore and I’m still trying to get used the that.

I’m not on HRT

I also suffer from anxiety/health anxiety and know exactly how it makes you feel.

You’re doing well not to google. Best not to.

It’s good that your year is up and you’ll be having a smear soon. That will put your mind at rest.

It’s a time of the unpredictable and the unknown and it’s scary.  But, we have all the lovely knowledgable ladies on here to guide us through this difficult time in our lives.

I’ve used tranexamic acid tablets in the past for heavy periods and Flossie is right, it is the correct dosage.

Hopefully the bleeding will stop for you soon.

Sending love and hugs ❤️
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 03:12:33 PM by Curlygirl »

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 03:20:50 PM »

Hi toomuchstress

Sorry to hear about all your bleeding. Peri-menopause is very tiresome!

If you were only on HRT for a few weeks - it depends what your periods were doing in terms of frequency and length, before you started HRT and what HRT you took for that time?

Heavy bleeding is not likely to come from the cervix so you should not need to worry about that - it will be most likely uterine bleeding and good that you are taking something to stem the flow. Although heavy bleeding is common during peri-menopause, however if you continue to be worried by the bleeding then do go back to your doctor.

Hope you will stop bleeding soon and feel more comfortable, and try not to worry!

Hurdity x

Toomuchstress

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2023, 07:20:38 PM »

Thank you all for your much appreciated replys and taking the time to reply to me ,

My periods before were normal...ish the last few months its just been a few days late , nothing major ,

I was taking utrogestan 2 tablets with lenzetto spray,  stopped that and then used the patches for a month,

It made my anxiety worse so one night I just ripped the patched off ,

I thought you had to be on HRT a long time before having long bleeding etc ,

So far I've taken 14 tablets 6 per day ,
And tonight it's a little lighter, 
The doctor said take them for 3-4 days

Will the bleeding stop then ?
And should I see the doctor again to ask why I was bleeding , and to ask to have the smear done a little earlier or ring the coloposcopy (think thats how you spell it) ward up at the hospital as they were great with helping me ?

Thank you again everyone 💗