Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Pinky/light brown discharge after a 3 week long light period  (Read 5912 times)

Curlygirl

Re: Pinky/light brown discharge after a 3 week long light period
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2023, 11:13:36 AM »

Well, I thought I might have a long gap again this time but no :-\

Went 10 days with nothing and now the brown discharge is back. Like I normally get before a period. See what happens this time then

Still not had my appointment for the scan I was referred for. I’m assuming that because the GP thought it to be hormonal, she didn’t do an urgent referral

This was the kind of gap I was getting last year 10-14 days of nothing and then another one starting up

Pretty certain it’s all hormones xx
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 11:45:06 AM by Curlygirl »

VanillaLover

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2023, 12:42:50 PM »

Hi, just to update in case it’s relevant to you Curlygirl - had my pelvic and TV ultrasound just before Easter and while I haven’t seen the report yet, technician said she saw no reason for the prolonged bleeding and odd spotting. Also uterus normal size etc. I guess it must just be hormonal.

My last period was 15 days long …ended just as I had the scan.

Don’t know what the GP will want to do, I’m happy to leave it as is for now. She mentioned doubling utrogestan (I take 100 mg continuously) which I could do I suppose. Can’t see it will make a lot of difference. I’ll discuss when I speak to them.

Curlygirl

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2023, 01:04:05 PM »

Hi, just to update in case it’s relevant to you Curlygirl - had my pelvic and TV ultrasound just before Easter and while I haven’t seen the report yet, technician said she saw no reason for the prolonged bleeding and odd spotting. Also uterus normal size etc. I guess it must just be hormonal.

My last period was 15 days long …ended just as I had the scan.

Don’t know what the GP will want to do, I’m happy to leave it as is for now. She mentioned doubling utrogestan (I take 100 mg continuously) which I could do I suppose. Can’t see it will make a lot of difference. I’ll discuss when I speak to them.

Thanks for that Vanilla. Good to know that these things can happen and have no underlying cause.

I’m sure mine is hormonal but I get in a panic about it every now and then.

I have another GP appointment on 28th, probably still won’t have had a scan by then (maybe it work’s differently in Wales to England??).

I’m so glad yours was ok ❤️

Flossieteacake

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2023, 01:56:01 PM »

Aw, sorry to hear this Curly. How annoying and frustrating for you. I hope you are not too anxious and that it stops soon.

Curlygirl

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2023, 02:35:54 PM »

Aw, sorry to hear this Curly. How annoying and frustrating for you. I hope you are not too anxious and that it stops soon.

Thanks Flossie❤️

Like I said it’s more like I’ve been used to for the last few years.

Periods every 3 weeks or less sometimes so only have a handful of days clear as I always have brown spotting at the beginning and the end.

I guess because I missed February I was expecting that maybe again, but no.

Have to see if it comes to a proper one or not.

Changing all the time so not sure what to expect and when these days

Hope you’re okay Flossie ❤️xxxxx

Curlygirl

« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2023, 05:07:51 PM »

I’m actually thinking of giving HRT another go to see if it will regulate the bleeding to something more predictable.

What do you ladies think?

Should I wait for the ultrasound first before trying HRT again?

I have no idea how long the ultrasound appointment will take to arrive.

I assumed it would be a quick appointment, but it’s been 2.5 weeks and I’ve had nothing as yet

Xx

Xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2023, 01:21:54 PM »

I think trying HRT is a great idea. Maybe you could call up to chase the scan and find out where you are in the waiting list? I would wait until you have the scan to try HRT. :)

Curlygirl

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2023, 01:30:01 PM »

I think trying HRT is a great idea. Maybe you could call up to chase the scan and find out where you are in the waiting list? I would wait until you have the scan to try HRT. :)

Thanks Flossie❤️

Good idea to call and see where I am on the list.

That’s what I was thinking to wait until I’ve had the scan xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2023, 01:32:43 PM »

Thanks Flossie❤️

My pleasure. I hope you can find out soon.

Curlygirl

« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2023, 01:41:05 PM »

Thanks Flossie❤️

My pleasure. I hope you can find out soon.
❤️
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]