Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Feeling unwell, Utrogestan  (Read 524 times)

Stella2

Feeling unwell, Utrogestan
« on: April 08, 2023, 12:25:24 PM »

I was on Estradot 50 and 100 continuous Utrogestan but due to breakthrough spotting adviced to take 200 for at least a month. Spotting stopped but I felt quite hot and night, tired and having digestive issues I decided to try 100 vaginally. This was my second night, already yesterday I felt as if I'm going to get a period, feeling in the womb. Today I'm feeling the same with additional feelings of being depressed, so tired and tearful. I felt less hot at night.
I don't know what to do. I can't ask the GP as they don't endorse vaginal use and I would be so grateful for advice. Should I carry on, does it get better or go back to oral?  I am so devastated...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feeling unwell, Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2023, 05:13:30 PM »

How long had you been on the regime B4 it was suggested that you take 200?  All at once can cause the body to go into free-fall, I wish that GPs would realise it! 

I wouldn't use it vaginally tonight to see how you feel over the next couple of years. 

Stella2

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023, 07:03:23 PM »

Hello CLKD,
I have been on 100 for a year, then had a breakthrough bleeding probably because I had to change the patch brand due to shortage. The lining was 3 mm, so gynecologist recommended 200 to stop spotting.
I agree, thank you. I will go back to oral 200 and down to 100 hopefully soon.
It seems that even the smallest change causes side effects

Stella2

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2023, 07:34:13 AM »

I went back on 200 oral Utrogestan after I tried vaginal for couple of days and now, after 3 days, I started bleeding/spotting. I am puzzled, it seems that vaginal Utrogestan caused this, should i get this checked? And if I do, I will have to admit to my GP that I have used it vaginally what they have not recommended...
Would anyone have an advice or had same experience? I should have left it as it was and I am so worried that I have again disturbed my hormonal balance and I am not sure what to do. :o