Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan Scotland NHS?  (Read 1193 times)

Callisto

Utrogestan Scotland NHS?
« on: April 01, 2023, 12:01:16 PM »

Hi there.

Can it be true that Utrogestan is finally approved in all regions of Scotland on the NHS?

I have not heard any news / social media  reporting the below change so maybe it has yet to happen?
I am yet to achieve it and paying privately for it plus for private consultations.

Be good to learn whether you have managed to get especially if in the Lothians.

https://www.scottishmedicines.org.uk/medicines-advice/micronised-progesterone-utrogestan-abb-smc2529/

Any information gratefully received. Sorry for going on about it again. 😢

🐾C

Clarkie

• First Flush
Re: Utrogestan Scotland NHS?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 11:01:09 PM »

Yes it was approved in December last year and is hopefully making its way into local formularies  :) 

Clovie

Re: Utrogestan Scotland NHS?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 09:46:10 AM »

Yes!

At last it is!

I was prescribed it last month!  (My surgery had taken me off it in 2020 and I've had to source it myself since then as no other prog suited me  - they didn't tell me it had been brought back though, it was when I visited for something else related to my peri that the GP casually mentioned it had been reallowed)  I would never have known!
They took it off me in 2020 because apparently it was 'dangerous' and I could no longer be allowed to have it because of that - I argued that everywhere else in the Uk was allowed to use it and throughout the world and you could buy it - to no avail...  They denied it but we ALL know it was because of price ;) )

Anyhoo yes.
Yet to get hold of any in any pharmacy yet though :(  (West Lothian) Good job I have a supply that, as I say,  I had been forced to buy privately to keep me going until it comes into stock

But yes - great news at last!