Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Patch placement  (Read 972 times)

Clarella

Patch placement
« on: April 06, 2023, 11:35:09 AM »

I’m trying to establish if there’s such a thing as an area becoming overly saturated and so then absorption is limited.

I alternate between left and right pubic area with estradot.

Is a fatty area better?

I noted that Davina uses upper leg. An online group say hip bone where skin is thinner. Some patches say alternating lower back between 4 places - perhaps this allows for peak absorption to dip? Some say where it’s fatty.

I just don’t think I’m absorbing well despite higher patches. Sometimes I seem to though.

Wondered if there’s any science on this?

Wanted experiences before I try some sort of experiment!

angelteejay

Re: Patch placement
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 12:04:06 PM »

I would like to know more about this too as my symptoms have returned and my patch dosage has been put up. I put mine on alternate bum cheeks. Lol. No idea if it's the best place but I did read tummy area good. Has to be below the waist though.

Stella2

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 12:26:11 PM »

I would like to know too. I put Estrodot on alternate upper bottom bits but I read about saturation. I would like to move it to the front but I heard that it's better absorbed when on fatty parts. Is it the thin skin or fat that helps with absorption? Do we need to think about saturation?

Clarella

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 12:53:37 PM »

It’s so hard to get answers.

I was ironically getting higher blood tests on 75 (250) than 100 (190!)

That’s why I went to 125 - joint pain was still an issue.

But there could be other factors affecting blood tests and it should be symptom based.

I don’t think my feet hurt as much on 125.

I’m now on more Utrogestan which also could (I believe) have helped some other symptoms. I feel lit did help joints a bit.

I have been putting estradot above my pubic triangle, left and right.

The fb group totes merry peri tend to say hip bones.

I may try a 4 place patch cycle over 2 weeks and see if symptoms are helped.

Clarella

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 12:54:48 PM »

Of course none of this could be a thing. But I know that gel application can really affect absorption.

Clarella

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2023, 12:56:11 PM »

Breasts are flat as pancakes, much lower than when on lower doses. so I don’t think I’m getting what should.

Clarella

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2023, 12:58:16 PM »

I would like to know too. I put Estrodot on alternate upper bottom bits but I read about saturation. I would like to move it to the front but I heard that it's better absorbed when on fatty parts. Is it the thin skin or fat that helps with absorption? Do we need to think about saturation?

Where have you read about saturation out of interest?

Clarella

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2023, 01:03:53 PM »

Ah right, now then:

“When replacing your patch, make sure to apply the new patch to a different area of your lower abdomen. Wait at least 1 week before applying a patch to the same area.”

I’ve tried some googling and found this:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/estradiol-transdermal-route/proper-use/drg-20075306

I’ve never seen the one week break thing for an area before. Unless I’ve forgotten and it’s in the leaflet?? On holiday so I don’t think I have it.

Clarella

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2023, 01:12:44 PM »

Another source suggesting not to use same area for a week.

https://shayr.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/MIS21-008-CC-How-to-use-transdermal-HRT-A5-leaflet.pdf

I used to use 4 areas around my lower tummy and can’t remember why. So it didn’t go on the same area for over a week. I stopped but might try again. Don’t know if varied enough though?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2023, 01:13:14 PM »

I have not seen the wait one week thing either. What I found is, my lower back (above the buttocks) is the only place my patch will not crease too much. I alternate each side but when placing a new patch, never put it over glue remains. I have read it is best to put it on a fatty area but I think it seems to affect people differently.

I used to put it on my thigh but it would always crease and come off even if I used Tegaderm dressing over it.

Clarella

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2023, 01:14:41 PM »

Clarella

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2023, 01:19:00 PM »

But then Asda says (Asda?!?!!)

“Use the patches on a different area of the skin each time, to reduce irritation.”

https://onlinedoctor.asda.com/uk/estradot-50-patches-utrogestan-capsules.html

Clarella

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2023, 01:19:16 PM »

Argh

flossie fiddler

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2023, 09:31:30 AM »

It’s probably most important to be consistent about where you put them. I tend to use my buttocks. I do a week on one buttock, putting the second patch in a different place to the first before peeling it off. Then I start on the other buttock for a week, and clean off the residue on the side I’m not using, so I don’t get confused about how long I’ve been using a particular side.

Amerififer

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2023, 10:27:45 AM »

I tend to put my Everol Conti/Everol Patches on my lower tummy.. ( think muffin top area   :P ) I alternate sides and also slightly change the area so I don't put it back over a spot that was recently used.
Others experiences may vary .. :)