Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Question on utrogestan  (Read 773 times)

Dandelion

Question on utrogestan
« on: May 15, 2023, 05:46:03 PM »

I just took my utrogestan and while I know you should not eat food with it, I just had two packets of polos, to stave off hunger until I can eat my tea in fifty minutes.
I really need to stay awake, in the next hour or two, as I have stuff to do.
I knew that eating a meal within an hour of taking utrogestan would make utrogestan work stronger and put me to sleep, but would two packets of polos within an hour have the same effects as food, increasing it's bioavailability?
Thanks

Teresa

Re: Question on utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 12:31:11 PM »

Hi Dandelion,

I’m afraid I don’t know if the polos have an effect (and from the time you posted this, I expect you would have found out by now) but woukd it be easier for you to take utrogestan just before you go to bed? That’s what I do. It has to be at least two hours after food. That might be better for you?

Teresa

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 06:43:50 AM »

Hi, the reason for taking Utrogestan on an empty stomach is because taking it with food increases absorption, so I suppose you'd be getting more than is needed. Most users take it last thing at night because it induces drowsiness. If it upsets your stomach, you could always try it vaginally.
I don't need it myself (no uterus), so just repeating what I have read on here.
JP x

Teresa

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 08:19:52 AM »

Hi poppytoast,

I’m really sorry about the delay in replying, (I wish we could get a notification that tells us ???) as Dandelion  has said, ideally it’s best to take it at night as it can induce drowsiness, so it’s not ideal in the morning. If you take it in the morning, it should be two hours before or after food, because food increases absorption. I don’t know why it’s making your stomach act like it is, but it might not happen if you took it after food? Perhaps try it like that?

Incidentally, I had bad constipation when I took 200 mg continuously ( I only managed it for 6 weeks) so i know it can affect the stomach.

Teresa

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2023, 09:29:33 AM »

I don't think polos count as food as they are sweets, and are just sugary water, and just guessing but I think it would be ok to have a sugary drink just before utrogestan.