Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Vagifem  (Read 475 times)

VioletAquarius

Vagifem
« on: April 04, 2023, 08:38:02 PM »

I've decided to take Vagifem and the leaflet says a common side effect (1 in 10 people) may have vaginal bleeding.

Has anyone had bleeding with this, is it like a period?  And does it last the whole time you are using it, or just a few days/weeks until your body gets used to it?

And does anyone actually know why it can cause bleeding, and where the bleeding actually comes from?

Thank you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vagifem
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 08:49:46 AM »

I can't answer your query and I do wonder how much research is done: some ladies get bleeding due to the vaginal skin being very thin due to lack of oestrogen.  If worried, put the pessary a little way in for the first couple of nights pushing deeper as the week goes on.  There may be a little red initially but as the skin becomes softer and less dry, that should stop.

Let us know how you get on.

Ayesha

Re: Vagifem
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 11:05:31 AM »

As CLKD suggested the only reason blood is seen is if the vaginal wall is so thin and fragile it tears with insertion, I can't see where else the blood would come from, its certainly not been my experience of every day use vagifem. A good tip would be to use a feminine moisturiser before insertion.

The leaflet is as useless as a chocolate teapot and needs reviewing, as does the dosage use!