Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Breathing problems again  (Read 2568 times)

Katherine

Re: Breathing problems again
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2023, 10:16:15 AM »

Hi discogirl,

Thank you for your message. I guess I’m just confused as to how it gets in the womb from the vagina. Because through the stomach it goes into the bloodstream and through the body but the fact the lining of the stomach is very different from the lining of the vagina which is not designed to absorb things for circulation through the body. I guess a bit will go through the cervix maybe.. I don’t know. So confusing. I am going to try different ways of taking it orally then if nothing works I will try vaginally.x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2023, 10:41:33 AM »

Hi Flossie, I didn’t film myself because I didn’t take utrogestan last night. I think I might have another day off it today as well. I had such a good nights sleep last night, no breathing problems, lovely deep breathing and slept soundly.

I know that won’t last though, it’s because there will still be a bit of utrogestan in my system and I will need to start taking it at some point. The utrogestan itself is really helpful, I think it’s just the dosage is wrong, but then we are told we need that amount to protect out womb. Maybe taking it after work and avoiding food for 2 hours either side will help.

I will film myself once I start taking it again Flossie, and report back. Thanks for being there for me xxx

It is so good to hear you had a good sleep. I think having a good sleep makes a world of difference. I hope you can come up with a way of taking it that works for you.

You are so welcome. :)

Katherine

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2023, 12:03:44 PM »

Thanks Flossie.  :) x

Betsy123

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2023, 03:05:45 PM »

I am still waiting to find one I can tolerate. I take one desogesteral but if I even try to add another half pill I become severally depressed. I have tried all the progesterone's and the menopause clinic do not know what to do with me.

Did you have any luck with filming yourself sleeping?

I have just seen this post and am going through the same thing with progesterone.  It makes me feel dreadful and I swear its caused my anxiety and panic attacks. I could never tolerate the pill, injection or mirena and have struggled with all progesterone including utragestran.  I'm awaiting referral to the menapause clinic and really dont know what to do. What is your regime at present?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2023, 04:14:58 PM »

So sorry to hear this Betsy. I am currently only taking one destrogestal which is known as the mini pill. This is not enough progesterone to protect my womb. I have a meno appointment coming up soon and will see what they have to say.

There is one option they suggested which is to not take progesterone and to have regular scans to check my womb lining. Perhaps this is something that would suit you.

Betsy123

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2023, 07:17:04 AM »

Yes I've heard this, I really cant tolerate the progesterone at all, seems to change how I react to stress and makes you feel awful. Hopefully get the appointment soon to look at options. It's strange how everyone is different.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2023, 09:55:27 AM »

Yes I've heard this, I really cant tolerate the progesterone at all, seems to change how I react to stress and makes you feel awful. Hopefully get the appointment soon to look at options. It's strange how everyone is different.

Yes, we are all unique. I hope your appointment goes well.

discogirl

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2023, 07:15:51 PM »

Hi discogirl,

Thank you for your message. I guess I’m just confused as to how it gets in the womb from the vagina. Because through the stomach it goes into the bloodstream and through the body but the fact the lining of the stomach is very different from the lining of the vagina which is not designed to absorb things for circulation through the body. I guess a bit will go through the cervix maybe.. I don’t know. So confusing. I am going to try different ways of taking it orally then if nothing works I will try vaginally.x

Hi Katherine,

Yes I get you.

A good person to ask would be Hurdity, I feel she would know xx

Katherine

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2023, 07:35:09 PM »

I might Discogirl, thanks. I find the fact it’s not licensed for use that way in the UK a bit concerning. Mind you testosterone isn’t licensed for women either, despite it being one of our main hormones. I hope your keeping well by the way, are you sleeping ok?

Katherine

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2023, 07:25:20 AM »

Hi ladies

Just an update, last night I hadn’t taken utrogestan for 4 nights yet I still had a moderate episode of the breathing difficulties. So I could be wrong about it being caused by utrogestan. I’ve been trying to think what else it could be, and I realised that last night and the last time it happened I had food right before bed ( cereal or toast) so maybe it really is acid reflux like a GP suggested. I’ve never felt any acid related burning at night but maybe it can happen without you feeling it. My mind started going into overdrive last night thinking maybe I have a tumour or something causing a blockage, so I really hope it’s food related as I can manage that easily. I will also film myself sleeping tonight to see if it’s sleep apnoea.

discogirl

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2023, 07:37:19 AM »

I might Discogirl, thanks. I find the fact it’s not licensed for use that way in the UK a bit concerning. Mind you testosterone isn’t licensed for women either, despite it being one of our main hormones. I hope your keeping well by the way, are you sleeping ok?

Hi Katherine,

Well I am sleeping better than I was and I believe the utrogestan is helping.

I was talking to someone else on here and saying that for some women when going through menopause, their sleeping patterns do change.

Yes taking utrogstan vaginally is off licence in the UK, but not for Europe, where it is licenced for use that way.

I really hope things improve for you xxx

Katherine

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2023, 11:39:08 AM »

Thanks Discogirl. I’m glad you are sleeping better, that’s great.

I’ve just read up on sleep apnoea and it sounds like what I’m experiencing so I will definitely film myself sleeping tonight. I will report back. X

Flossieteacake

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2023, 11:45:34 AM »

Thanks Discogirl. I’m glad you are sleeping better, that’s great.

I’ve just read up on sleep apnoea and it sounds like what I’m experiencing so I will definitely film myself sleeping tonight. I will report back. X

My friend has sleep apnoea and has a machine to use at night. Just thought I would tell you as if you do have it there is nothing to worry about. :)

Katherine

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2023, 12:14:20 PM »

Thank you for the reassurance Flossie.  :) It’s odd because I’m only 47, don’t smoke, hardly drink, only a few pounds overweight , quite a slim neck, no sleeping pills. Oh well I guess I will find out soon.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2023, 12:22:39 PM »

Thank you for the reassurance Flossie.  :) It’s odd because I’m only 47, don’t smoke, hardly drink, only a few pounds overweight , quite a slim neck, no sleeping pills. Oh well I guess I will find out soon.

You may not have it at all. I hope you do not.
Pages: 1 [2] 3