Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Increasing Systemic for VA?  (Read 3215 times)

Lily35

Re: Increasing Systemic for VA?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2023, 12:53:42 PM »

I really sympathise with your horrid VA as I struggle too. I cannot tolerate vagifem or imvaggis. I can only use Ovestin which I use every day and sometimes need it twice a day. I take seabuckthorn capsules and find they help with the dryness. I use Sylk and Yes VM throughout the day. I only have showers and wash my whole body in emollient but I still have constant discomfort and often feel sore or irritated although nothing can be seen. I use betnovate steroid cream and have been told I can use it for two weeks every six months. This can help with the sore vulva.

I think oestrogen can really help with VA and it is worth increasing your oestrogen to see if it helps you.

Thanks and sorry you are going through it too.  I think from all my reading it seemed that if I gave it 6 months and used daily most people are feeling comfortable.  I have a few really good days then it just comes back.  It’s taking its toll now as I just don’t see an end to it.

I know that Lenzetto is fairly low strength so I think I am going to ask to change to patches or gel and increase to see if that helps

Thanks for the supportive comments all x

It seems you and I are unlucky but hopefully increasing the HRT will help you.

Have you ever tried systemic?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2023, 02:29:01 PM »

I really sympathise with your horrid VA as I struggle too. I cannot tolerate vagifem or imvaggis. I can only use Ovestin which I use every day and sometimes need it twice a day. I take seabuckthorn capsules and find they help with the dryness. I use Sylk and Yes VM throughout the day. I only have showers and wash my whole body in emollient but I still have constant discomfort and often feel sore or irritated although nothing can be seen. I use betnovate steroid cream and have been told I can use it for two weeks every six months. This can help with the sore vulva.

I think oestrogen can really help with VA and it is worth increasing your oestrogen to see if it helps you.

Thanks and sorry you are going through it too.  I think from all my reading it seemed that if I gave it 6 months and used daily most people are feeling comfortable.  I have a few really good days then it just comes back.  It’s taking its toll now as I just don’t see an end to it.

I know that Lenzetto is fairly low strength so I think I am going to ask to change to patches or gel and increase to see if that helps

I use patches and find if I ever try to decrease the oestrogen patches the VA gets even worse.

Lily35

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2023, 03:07:16 PM »

I use patches and find if I ever try to decrease the oestrogen patches the VA gets even worse.

That gives me hope then.  I’m trialling 4 sprays of Lenzetto (max is usually 3) until my menopause nurse calls so hopefully that may help.  I think my levels of oestrogen have dropped.   Am also considering asking to add in a little testosterone too x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2023, 03:10:41 PM »

That is a good idea. I hope the appointment goes well. Just bare in mind that increasing HRT slowly helps to avoid side effects.

Lily35

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2023, 01:30:10 PM »

That is a good idea. I hope the appointment goes well. Just bare in mind that increasing HRT slowly helps to avoid side effects.
[ :)/quote]
 :)
Thank you….I have gone from 3 sprays on a morning to 2 morning and 2 night to see if that has any impact.   The menopause nurse had no appointments within the next 2 weeks so they have put me down for her to ring me instead - goodness knows how long that will take!

On a side note - today is a ‘not so bad’ day VA wise so relief there at least

Flossieteacake

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2023, 01:46:29 PM »

It is so good to hear today is not a bad day! It is a shame you cannot get a phone call for two weeks but it sounds like you have come up with a plan yourself. :)

Lily35

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2023, 12:53:15 PM »

By way of an update in case anyone is following this thread..
People say ‘game changer’ and I’m always pretty skeptical but I increased my  Lenzetto sprays to 2 x morning and 2 x evening and changed from Vagifem internal / ovestin external to just using ovestin every night internally.
2 weeks on and I feel better than I have felt in 18 months.  Even managed sex too!   I darent get too excited as I know it will likely flare up soon but I’ve not been so comfortable for so long since this started.
Happy bunny x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2023, 12:56:22 PM »

That is fantastic! I am so happy to hear this. :)

Cara999

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2023, 02:48:20 PM »

So pleased for you xxx

Lily35

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2023, 02:14:35 PM »

Well spoke too soon - my bladder symptoms have flared up - I assume the Vagifem was helping that so I used one last night and will try and alternate with ovestin.

On an even more annoying note had my apt with the menopause nurse today.
She said I can’t use 4 sprays of Lenzetto so has changed me to 1.5mg of Sandrena for 3 months to see how I get on with that.
She has also said I cannot use the Vagifem or ovestin daily and has taken it off repeat!!  I said I wasn’t happy and told her to look up the guidance and speak to my gp.  She agreed to do that.  She has also referred me to a menopause consultant (she wanted to do gynae but I said no). 
I do have enough of both to last a few months but what if the increase in systemic doesn’t help and I cannot reduce my local dose!  Arghh  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2023, 03:22:59 PM »

She's not clued up then  >:(.  I would be writing to the practice manager!

Why can't you use 4 sprays, what was her reasoning?  She should also be aware that we CAN use VA treatment as and when in order to keep symptoms under control.  I would ask her to ring Dr Newson or for her to send an e-mail to Dr Currie.  The literature in the VA treatments need to be changing so that medics aren't confused  :-X

Lily35

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2023, 04:55:04 PM »

She's not clued up then  >:(.  I would be writing to the practice manager!

Why can't you use 4 sprays, what was her reasoning?  She should also be aware that we CAN use VA treatment as and when in order to keep symptoms under control.  I would ask her to ring Dr Newson or for her to send an e-mail to Dr Currie.  The literature in the VA treatments need to be changing so that medics aren't confused  :-X

She said Lenzetto isn’t licensed nor it’s effectiveness confirmed above 3 sprays (I have checked BMS etc and it does say max 3 sprays).  She also said that the gels are stronger so I may get better symptom control using those as can have a high dose as opposed to a maximum medium dose on Lenzetto.

Weirdly regarding the Vagifem/ovestin she has been happy to prescribe both till now and said I could reload as needed but once I said I was using daily she said I couldn’t.   I have asked her to contact me back once she has spoken with my GP and done some further research on using more often. 

I am gingerly hopeful that the increased systemic is helping and that I can reduce the local anyway fingers crossed! x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2023, 10:08:18 AM »

What an annoying thing to do! You urgently need that and it should be on repeat. For a meno nurse she does not seem to know anything about meno. I would not want to decrease just yet in case you get a flare.

Sounds like you need to get a Dr to override this. I really hope it is not going to take too long.

Lily35

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2023, 05:07:48 PM »

My GP rang me this morning about it and said the nurse prescriber couldn’t understand why I was unhappy when they were following guidelines.  Ffs!
Anyway, she has agreed I can carry on with the Vagifem/ ovestin and Sandrena for the next 3 months then I have to see her for a review. 
She said I have to have examination and they will email gynae at the local hospital for advice if I haven’t reduced my VF by then. 
My docs have always been so good at prescribing anything so I’m wondering if things have changed post covid etc.
 :( X

Flossieteacake

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2023, 05:20:12 PM »

I really am sorry. Perhaps it would help to talk to the practice manager. An examination is pointless because you can not always see signs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3