Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Increasing Systemic for VA?  (Read 3210 times)

Lily35

Increasing Systemic for VA?
« on: April 03, 2023, 08:14:31 PM »

Hi all
Been struggling with VA for a couple of years now.  I have been using topical, first Imvaggis (load then 2 or 3 times a week), then added in systemic (on 3 x sprays of Lenzetto),  had a bad flare up so changed to Vagifem internal/ovestin external 6 months ago.  I have been using the Vagifem daily as I have never managed to reduce the dose.  I am still never 100% comfortable, although more good days.  Still having flare ups and also bladder soreness too now.
Have asked for a call with my very good menopause nurse.  She mentioned intrarosa previously.  However I am thinking of asking to increase my systemic HRT instead or change product as I know the Lenzetto is suspected to be weak.
For those who have had VA improve with systemic what do you take?
Thank you

Cara999

Re: Increasing Systemic for VA?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 08:18:27 PM »

Have you noticed systemic helps with your VA. I've been on Vagifem 12 months and I am doing much better but not perfect, comfortable ish most days, I do wonder if this is as good as it will get 🙄 I'm not on systemic xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 08:39:32 PM »

Using the 'vagifem' nightly.  You could also add a moisturiser ........... I use KY Jelly, others find that 'sylc' or 'yes' products useful on the outer labia.  When I get the need2P I swallow two Nurofen tablets 3 times a day to ease that nip as the urine flow shuts off.

Some need other types of HRT to help.

Lily35

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 09:03:39 PM »

I’ve not seen any change with systemic but have been on it since the very early days of my VA treatment at 3 sprays. 

Re moisurisers - I use YES everyday, I have tried multi-gyn.  I kept a diary for a couple of months to see if anything triggers it but cannot find any links.  It just seems to be not too bad for a few days then I have a couple of bad days.

I don’t have baths and know all of the other recommendations as I was wrongly treated for cystitis for a couple of years before VA was diagnosed.

Cara999

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 09:31:37 PM »

It's a dreadful condition to live with, hope you soon find some relief xxx

Lily35

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2023, 09:38:18 PM »

Thanks.  Pretty fed up of it now.  I just want to feel normal again but seems there is no end in sight x

Ecl

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2023, 09:43:59 PM »

Hi Lily,
I was on Evorel 50 with utrogestan and vagifem x3 a week when I developed uti symptoms in October just gone. After two unhelpful rounds of antibiotics, my gp replaced the vagifem with ovestin nightly to use internally and externally. I still use it nightly. I also requested testosterone( which is still in process!) so they upped my Evorel to 75, even though I didn’t think it was necessary.
The negative - I got sore boobs as they grew again to more like their previous size. I am not getting so much soreness now they have grown and are more settled.
The positives - despite feeling fine on the Evorel 50, I do feel better on the 75. My mood is a little lighter, and I am more responsive to DH. I do have more periods of time with more energy.
The unsure - I can now go a night without using ovestin occasionally and be ok. I am not needing to use as much silk/yes as before. My skin generally is less dry - which means my oily skin is back. I just don’t know if it’s because the evorel has been increased or because my body has had ovestin for longer.

Lily35

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2023, 10:06:39 PM »

Hi Lily,
I was on Evorel 50 with utrogestan and vagifem x3 a week when I developed uti symptoms in October just gone. After two unhelpful rounds of antibiotics, my gp replaced the vagifem with ovestin nightly to use internally and externally. I still use it nightly. I also requested testosterone( which is still in process!) so they upped my Evorel to 75, even though I didn’t think it was necessary.
The negative - I got sore boobs as they grew again to more like their previous size. I am not getting so much soreness now they have grown and are more settled.
The positives - despite feeling fine on the Evorel 50, I do feel better on the 75. My mood is a little lighter, and I am more responsive to DH. I do have more periods of time with more energy.
The unsure - I can now go a night without using ovestin occasionally and be ok. I am not needing to use as much silk/yes as before. My skin generally is less dry - which means my oily skin is back. I just don’t know if it’s because the evorel has been increased or because my body has had ovestin for longer.

Thanks that’s both interesting and useful.

I have plenty of ovestin so I might stop the Vagifem for a couple of weeks and use that internally instead.  For the last couple of days I have upped my Lenzetto to 4 sprays ( 2x morning and 2x evening) to see if that helps wgile I wait for the menopause nurse to ring. 

After 6 months on Imvaggis and 6 months on Vagifem/ovestin I feel like if it was going to work it would be by now.  I can’t accept being like this long term so I feel that upping my systemic is worth a try even if I have to change to another product (although I really like the spray so maybe I could just add in a small dose of something else). 
It’s all so tiresome. x

Lily35

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2023, 10:08:22 PM »

It's a dreadful condition to live with, hope you soon find some relief xxx
Thanks…it really is awful.  It’s a disgrace that women have to put up with this long term and the treatment is so trial and error! x

Katejo

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2023, 10:33:55 PM »

Hi all
Been struggling with VA for a couple of years now.  I have been using topical, first Imvaggis (load then 2 or 3 times a week), then added in systemic (on 3 x sprays of Lenzetto),  had a bad flare up so changed to Vagifem internal/ovestin external 6 months ago.  I have been using the Vagifem daily as I have never managed to reduce the dose.  I am still never 100% comfortable, although more good days.  Still having flare ups and also bladder soreness too now.
Have asked for a call with my very good menopause nurse.  She mentioned intrarosa previously.  However I am thinking of asking to increase my systemic HRT instead or change product as I know the Lenzetto is suspected to be weak.
For those who have had VA improve with systemic what do you take?
Thank you
Using systemic does improve my VA and reduces the frequency of Vagifem needed. However, if reduced too much, I find my night loo visits increase.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2023, 08:43:50 AM »

VA treatment can be used nightly when necessary.  Testosterone is prescribed by a menopause clinic via a GP.

Let us know how you get on.

The Forum has a glitch, which is why initial threads are appearing several times  >:(

Lily35

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2023, 11:23:25 AM »

VA treatment can be used nightly when necessary.  Testosterone is prescribed by a menopause clinic via a GP.

Let us know how you get on.

The Forum has a glitch, which is why initial threads are appearing several times  >:(

Thanks - I have been using Vagifem/ovestin nightly for months and still not on top of things.  Have been using topical and systemic for over a year now altogether.
I would consider Intrarosa maybe but I know it’s apparently messy and has to be used nightly too which is not great for me.
I think trialling a higher dose of systemic is worth a try.
Would testosterone help with VA at all?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2023, 11:30:27 AM »

I really sympathise with your horrid VA as I struggle too. I cannot tolerate vagifem or imvaggis. I can only use Ovestin which I use every day and sometimes need it twice a day. I take seabuckthorn capsules and find they help with the dryness. I use Sylk and Yes VM throughout the day. I only have showers and wash my whole body in emollient but I still have constant discomfort and often feel sore or irritated although nothing can be seen. I use betnovate steroid cream and have been told I can use it for two weeks every six months. This can help with the sore vulva.

I think oestrogen can really help with VA and it is worth increasing your oestrogen to see if it helps you.

Lily35

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2023, 11:52:53 AM »

I really sympathise with your horrid VA as I struggle too. I cannot tolerate vagifem or imvaggis. I can only use Ovestin which I use every day and sometimes need it twice a day. I take seabuckthorn capsules and find they help with the dryness. I use Sylk and Yes VM throughout the day. I only have showers and wash my whole body in emollient but I still have constant discomfort and often feel sore or irritated although nothing can be seen. I use betnovate steroid cream and have been told I can use it for two weeks every six months. This can help with the sore vulva.

I think oestrogen can really help with VA and it is worth increasing your oestrogen to see if it helps you.

Thanks and sorry you are going through it too.  I think from all my reading it seemed that if I gave it 6 months and used daily most people are feeling comfortable.  I have a few really good days then it just comes back.  It’s taking its toll now as I just don’t see an end to it.

I know that Lenzetto is fairly low strength so I think I am going to ask to change to patches or gel and increase to see if that helps

Thanks for the supportive comments all x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2023, 11:55:13 AM »

Thanks and sorry you are going through it too.  I think from all my reading it seemed that if I gave it 6 months and used daily most people are feeling comfortable.  I have a few really good days then it just comes back.  It’s taking its toll now as I just don’t see an end to it.

I know that Lenzetto is fairly low strength so I think I am going to ask to change to patches or gel and increase to see if that helps

Thanks for the supportive comments all x

It seems you and I are unlucky but hopefully increasing the HRT will help you.
Pages: [1] 2 3