Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Insomnia and poor sleep quality - HELP!!  (Read 662 times)

alison1210

• First Flush
Insomnia and poor sleep quality - HELP!!
« on: April 02, 2023, 08:44:52 PM »

Hi everyone - I'm hoping someone can give me some advice - I'm 52 and have been on Femoston 1/10 for the past couple of years. I had a very light period about 5 months ago...
Over the past few months I am getting occasional night sweats and frequent headaches but the worst thing by far is the insomnia - more a poor QUALITY sleep and even if I get 7 hours sleep I still feel unrested and shattered.
I'm just not sure if going up a dose to the 2/10 Femoston would help or not - It's so confusing trying to figure out what the hormones are doing!! (without blood tests!! which of course I can't get on the NHS!!)
Any advice most appreciated!!
Thanks

Dotty

Re: Insomnia and poor sleep quality - HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 06:07:24 AM »

Sounds like you need more oestrogen so an increase to 2/10 would be a possible move.

Blood tests won’t help you.

MrsMitch

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 10:30:47 AM »

Alison I can't help with dosage but just wanted to empathise with you. Along with what seems many ladies on here, I too, like you, have rubbish sleep.
Do keep trying to read as much as you can here and on the main site to see if you can find something that works for you. It may be a simple tweaking of your dosage.

alison1210

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2023, 09:19:42 AM »

Hi there - thanks for your message - I have just started on the higher dose femoston so will report back to let other people know if it helps!!
Also cutting down on alcohol...hard but it seems to be helping!!
All the best
Alison

Peana

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2023, 11:55:17 AM »

When I'm struggling with insomnia I use the free app 'Insight timer' to do repeated sleep meditations until I finally drop off.  Some nights I might do them for hours, but I find it helps me the next day and that even though I might only have managed to sleep for a couple of hours, I feel more rested than I normally would.  There are hundreds of different meditations - I really like yoga nidra for rest, but there are others that might help you. 

I'm due to take the sleeper train later this year (something I vowed I would never do again as I don't sleep at all), but hopefully doing yoga nidras will help me feel refreshed the next day. 

Good luck with this.  I've not done it myself, but I've heard that CBT for insomnia helps many people. 

Losingtheplot

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2023, 12:46:50 PM »

Hi everyone - I'm hoping someone can give me some advice - I'm 52 and have been on Femoston 1/10 for the past couple of years. I had a very light period about 5 months ago...
Over the past few months I am getting occasional night sweats and frequent headaches but the worst thing by far is the insomnia - more a poor QUALITY sleep and even if I get 7 hours sleep I still feel unrested and shattered.
I'm just not sure if going up a dose to the 2/10 Femoston would help or not - It's so confusing trying to figure out what the hormones are doing!! (without blood tests!! which of course I can't get on the NHS!!)
Any advice most appreciated!!
Thanks

Hi there,

Big hugs to you insomnia is the worst as I quite often feel like I have been runover the next morning or like I have a good few alcoholic drinks the night befre!

This may help but have you tried having a sleep tea before bedtime?  I haven't tried one myself yet but my sister who has insomnia caused by peri meno symptoms tried a couple recently and she said she had the best nights sleep.

The one she tried was Sleep infusions I think Twinnings do a version as do Sainsburys and most supermarkets I would think.  Just a suggestion my lovely xxxx