Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Oh god I'm so scared  (Read 2668 times)

mk94

Oh god I'm so scared
« on: April 02, 2023, 03:43:44 PM »

I think a may have f#$%#@ up big time and now I'm going to die of cancer
I have not seen a doctor in years due to extreme health anxiety. So I have not had a pap in years due to ptsd. I am sooo terrified right now that I have cervical cancer

Brown spotting for a month now every day!

I use to get extremely heavy periods last year that had massive blood clots!

My periods would last for weeks!

I have lower back pain! on and off

My last period was in December! I'm 57 Still in perimenopause or at least that's what I thought

I'm crying non stop thinking I may have cervical cancer that has gone on for years untreated and I'm now dying.

The brown spotting on and off for weeks now is the one thing that is putting me over the edge GOOGLE says its advanced cervical cancer 😱😭 I'm so scared. if it is cancer its too late and I only have a year left

Oh god I'm so scared right now.  its probley already spread to other parts like my lower back and hips I can't stop crying. I can't breath

mk94

Re: Oh god I'm so scared
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 03:51:28 PM »

OMG its just too late to get checked out!!! I have too many symptoms. Spotting everyday! Heavy long periods with massive clots. Lower back pain. So it has spread to my back and other organs 😭 Oh god I don't want to die

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 04:16:13 PM »

And breathe. It's old blood so far more likely to be peri related than anything sinister. When I had pre-cancerous cells years ago it was bright red spotting. I didn't twig at the time so it didn't get picked up til I went for a routine smear, can't remember how long it was but certainly several months later. Don't look at Google, every little thing turns into something you're going to die from but do ring your gp tomorrow and get checked out. You can explain your anxiety to them. Do you have a partner or trusted friend who could go with you?

mk94

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 04:33:17 PM »

I do have red spotting too :'(  I get one day of very light red spotting only when I wipe and then the rest of the days of different shades of brown It's been like this for a month now  :o All of march.
But before this I would have very heavy periods and no spotting at all

mk94

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 04:39:13 PM »

jaypo

Everyday?? Different shades of brown and sometimes bright red?? Did you have heavy periods for that?

Nas

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023, 05:51:06 PM »

I don’t wish to sound harsh, but I think you need to put your health anxiety to one side and see a Gp ASAP.

Can’t a friend accompany you?
A relative?
 Please do NOT google.
Ring the surgery tomorrow at 8am and get an appointment made.

Best of luck 🤞🌻🌻
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 07:29:54 PM by Nas »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2023, 06:07:43 PM »

U already have a thread about your worries.  Health anxiety feeds on itself, if you had something really serious you would have a lot more symptoms.  Brown discharge was normal for me all my menstruating life: a couple of days after my period stopped: it's old blood that gets held up.

My periods were HEAVY with clots: some times I couldn't move because it would come away into a double layer of pads.  Fortunately it. never reached the floor!  Painful++.  'within normal limits for me'.  When periods began to wax and wane I knew it was 'the change' so normal for me.

Ring your GP surgery and ask to speak to a Nurse Practitioner.  Have a list of your main concerns and discuss.  Hormones can delay/speed up as we age.  Health anxiety doesn't help but unless you speak to a professional you will continue to be worried.

What's the worst that could happen?

Curlygirl

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2023, 07:00:01 PM »

I completely understand how you are feeling right now.

I too suffer from health anxiety that’s only started since Peri.

I too have had bleeding problems for the whole of March, although a little different from yours.

Mine has been a few days of brown spotting, then almost 3 weeks of a bright red but light bleed. Then followed by a week of brown spotting and then 6 days of what seemed to be more like a ‘normal’ period. Back to the brown spotting then after that. It looks like it maybe going off now 🤞, but I thought it was last time, so taking it day by day and see how it goes.

I saw my GP last week who is sending me for an ultrasound scan to check that all is okay.

It’s never too late to see your GP. Please ring them in the morning and take the next steps and put your mind at rest

Peri is very scary as all sorts of things happen and we think the worst due to the health anxiety, but if we don’t get checked out the worry continues

Be strong and make an appointment and if there is someone to go with you even better. I took someone with me.

Let us know how you get on

Much love ❤️

« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 07:11:44 PM by Curlygirl »

Katherine

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2023, 10:44:01 PM »

I’m so sorry you feel this way, I always think the worst when I get unusual symptoms, I always google and wish I hadn’t, but nothing has ever turned out to be what I thought. So I hope that is reassuring. You can get rid of the horrible anxiety and uncertainty by seeing a GP as soon as you can. Knowledge is power, go for it and let us know how you get on. Big hug x

Claire MM

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2023, 09:13:22 AM »

I just wanted to say that through peri/menopause transition irregular bleeding/ heavy bleeding happens. Brown blood tends to be older blood that indicates, I believe, estrogen is getting low. Are you on HRT? I've had many blood clots and weird bleeding in recent years and different pain pelvis/low back pain. Last year I went onto continuous progesterone after bleeding for ages heavily. I had a scan and a hysteroscopy and it showed there was nothing wrong. I understand health anxiety and anxiety in general. Get yourself to the doctors, I really think you will be glad you did. They usually can get you in very quickly if you are concerned about this kind of thing and should be able to eliminate your worries over this xx

MrsMitch

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2023, 09:57:17 AM »

Mk94 I'm really sorry to hear of your struggles. Anxiety is very real and once it takes hold, nothing anyone says can get you out of it. But it is vital you get seen by a GP.  I can see you post was made in the middle of the night so it's clear you were up and panicking.
Do you have anyone close to you to share this with? Do you have someone who can get you to an appointment or have you kept all this in, only sharing online?
I presume this forum allows PM's so I'm happy to do whatever I can to help you, no matter what. I know from years of experience with a close family member anxiety is serious but can be overcome. It's that and that alone that is driving your health fears.
If you want to, do get in touch to talk things through. There is no need to struggle alone.

Nas

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2023, 10:07:38 AM »

MK94, hope you are okay?
Really hoping you have called the GP surgery now?

Curlygirl

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2023, 03:12:32 PM »

Mk94, please let us know that you are okay and have made that first big step and rang the surgery today

We’re all here to help you in any way we can

Much love ❤️

Madeline

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2023, 03:43:42 PM »

MK94 sending you lots of hugs xxx

Sometimes we worry ourselves sick over things and turns out most of the time, we have been worrying about nothing at all. So all the time working ourselves up into a ball of stress for no reason at all. I myself do this all the time.

Why dont you make a normal gp appointment and say to yourself this is just a normal check up on my health and then just let the doctor do his job. I bet everything will be fine sweetheart...go make that appointment and try not to let your mind race to the worst senario as 9 times out of 10 that is not the case.xx

mk94

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2023, 05:50:24 PM »

*Update* So I've made a doctor's appointment for tomorrow morning. I'm not sure if I'm ready to consent to any tests just yet. I just want to talk first. (baby steps) I'm still so terrified 😭 Thank you all for trying to help with all your replies. Some have calmed me down a bit. Thank you ❤
Pages: [1] 2