Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Spotting again on HRT  (Read 1598 times)

seton

Spotting again on HRT
« on: April 05, 2023, 07:16:30 PM »

I've been on evorel 75 patches and utrogestan 100 for a year now.  Last period 5 years ago

September 22 I started spotting, brown colour blood, for approx a week with mild period pains.  I had an internal ULTRASOUND and all was well.   No concerns

However, last week, it happened again.  Dr has referred me for another scan which is due in two weeks.

I'm a little worried if I'm honest.  Has this happened to anyone else?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Spotting again on HRT
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 07:28:25 PM »

It's probably the hormone interrupting the natural body.  Why did you feel the need to begin HRT?  Brown blood is usually due to not enough hormone to cleanse the womb hence the need for scans.

How do you feel otherwise, is the regime helping ease the symptoms?  What's your worry?

:welcomemm:  browse round.  Make notes.

seton

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 07:51:26 PM »

It's probably the hormone interrupting the natural body.  Why did you feel the need to begin HRT?  Brown blood is usually due to not enough hormone to cleanse the womb hence the need for scans.

How do you feel otherwise, is the regime helping ease the symptoms?  What's your worry?

:welcomemm:  browse round.  Make notes.

I'm feeling fine otherwise.  No other issues.  I think I'm worried as any spotting/bleeding after 6 months needs to be checked out so even though I had the first scan at 6 months....another 6 months on and I'm needing another .

I have a habit of thinking the worse unfortunately  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 06:34:14 AM »

There's a whole Club here with anxiety etc..  Better to get checked out now!

Stella2

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 08:27:11 AM »

Hi Seton,

I had some spotting too couple of times and scans confirmed that everything was OK. However, they recommended that I take 200 Utrogestan continuously. It looks that if you are on over 50 patch you might need to raise Utrogestan. It probably doesn't affect everyone, but it's good to check.
I would contact the GP anyway and see what they say and if you maybe need to up your Utrogestan :)

seton

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2023, 06:35:39 PM »

Hi Seton,

I had some spotting too couple of times and scans confirmed that everything was OK. However, they recommended that I take 200 Utrogestan continuously. It looks that if you are on over 50 patch you might need to raise Utrogestan. It probably doesn't affect everyone, but it's good to check.
I would contact the GP anyway and see what they say and if you maybe need to up your Utrogestan :)

Thank you for the reply.  I have a scan next week then a follow up with the dr so I will take your comments on board and raise it if he doesn’t

Gigi1968

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2023, 06:49:12 PM »

Hi
This has happened to me several times, first time I was on Kliovance, have scans and hysteroscopy and everything came back clear, this happened twice within a year then after the second time they changed me to Evorel Conti and I’ve had heavy bleeding on this, I have now stopped it while waiting for another scan and hysteroscopy, which is tomorrow thankfully, everyone I’ve spoken to says it’s common on the Evorel Conti patches, but I know how worrying it is, fingers crossed it’ll stop soon. I must add that since stopping the patches, the bleeding has also stopped but all the symptoms are back 😫