Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Stopping hrt suddenly  (Read 995 times)

Melc333

• First Flush
Stopping hrt suddenly
« on: March 31, 2023, 09:40:28 AM »

Hello forum ladies
I've been advised to stop using  my everol conti patches immediately by my doctor as I started bleeding 5 days ago,  I have an appointment to get checked out but I'm worried in the meantime  about symptoms returning with a vengeance having to go cold turkey.  Any advice on alternative vitamins etc to try keep me sane in the meantime?  :-\
.... I'm 57 and have been on hrt nearly 3 years now, and 8 years into menopause.
Thanks all ...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 10:02:14 AM by Melc333 »

sheila99

Re: Stopping hrt suddenly
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 01:03:50 PM »

I think this is belt and braces, I was advised to reduce but she left it up to me to decide. Far more referrals end up with polyps or fibroids as a cause rather than something that will get worse on oestrogen. If vitamins worked we'd be taking them instead of hrt! How long do you have to wait?

Melc333

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 08:01:49 AM »

Hi Sheila
I've got my appointment week on Tuesday so not long to wait.....so far so good without patches....  ::)

Gigi1968

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2023, 07:05:26 PM »

I had to do the same and having had a horrific experience before with stopping abruptly, I decided to try something new, I have been on these supplements called Meno complex and I was sceptical at first because I’ve tried some supplements before that didn’t work but these after 4 weeks, I can say they work, I have some hot flushes but nowhere near what they were before, I maybe have 2 a day and some night sweats but manageable, the only thing they don’t help with is vaginal dryness and the pain but otherwise it’s ok, the downside is the cost @ £31 for a month’s supply, it’s not sustainable for me