Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Moving the patch  (Read 684 times)

Stella2

Moving the patch
« on: March 29, 2023, 02:23:01 PM »

Hello,
I am sorry if I am repeating the question, but I am a bit confused.
I think that I read here that you should try not to put the patch at the same place as before, but would this mean that you can also alternate from let's say lower back to lower front area? Could this cause issues due to the fat distribution?
I usually put it on my back, upper buttocks and alternate sides. I tried to put it on my front on the side by the hip, but that's quite a bony place.
Although I think I would prefer it there.
I would be grateful for your comments
  :)

Flossieteacake

Re: Moving the patch
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 03:29:03 PM »

I put mine on my lower back so I will put it on the left side and then when it needs changing I will put it on the right side.

Please feel free to ask anything on here.

Stella2

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 07:21:45 AM »

Thank you Flossieteacake,
I also alternate from left to right side but I read that it's better not to place it at the same place as before. I can't always remember the exact place I put it previously. I am also not sure if there would be a significant change in absorption if i moved it from the back to the front. Would you know? 

Claire MM

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 07:36:09 AM »

This is interesting, I always put mine on my actual upper buttock because I thought it needed the fat to be absorbed but I don't know where I got that idea, then it's easy to swap sides obviously

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2023, 07:57:21 AM »

I think they say not to reapply to an area where there are traces of glue left behind as this can stop the patch from being absorbed but you will see the traces left or even feel them. This means you can avoid that part of the skin.

Stella2

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2023, 08:39:20 AM »

Hi Claire, I thought that I read that too, thank you.

Thank you Flossieteacake, good to know it's just the glue issue, I try to remove it all every time I take a patch off so this shouldn't be an issue.

Nico

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2023, 10:29:08 AM »

I put mine on front of thigh, quite high up but just outside the lower leg bit of pants. And I swap sides each time.

I would have thought they wouldn't absorb so well on buttock because of the fat, mind you the thigh's not much different. My GP suggested I put them on my shoulder blade but I have never done so.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2023, 10:56:46 AM »

I put mine on front of thigh, quite high up but just outside the lower leg bit of pants. And I swap sides each time.

I would have thought they wouldn't absorb so well on buttock because of the fat, mind you the thigh's not much different. My GP suggested I put them on my shoulder blade but I have never done so.

I have read fat helps oestrogen to absorb. Buttock works for me in that case. ;D

GraceM

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2023, 12:15:02 PM »

I always put mine on my buttocks so its under my underwear.  I alternate sides but generally its positioned in the same place.  When taking off the patch I then use it to rub off any excess adhesive left behind.