Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: I've taken the plunge  (Read 552 times)

Marshabookworm

I've taken the plunge
« on: March 30, 2023, 10:25:14 AM »

I've taken the plunge and started Oestrogel 2 pumps daily and utrogestan 2 tablets daily to see if I can get these blooming ectopic beats under control. They have been almost constant since January, worse at certain times of cycle, ECGs are all fine. I read that HRT can help, but now I'm reading it can cause palpitations...confused 🤔 will this help, I can't see the point in taking them if it doesn't. What can I expect from taking them also (bleeding? Cramps?) Thanks in advance

Flossieteacake

Re: I've taken the plunge
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 10:59:54 AM »

I think HRT can help reduce palpitations for some people so it is worth a try. I wish you luck but just remember you can stop taking it if you do not like it. There is no pressure.

I am unsure about the HRT you are taking but somebody with knowledge will reply soon. :)

sheila99

Re: I've taken the plunge
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 12:46:02 PM »

Palpitations can be a symptom of both too much and too little oestrogen. Can you tell us how old you are and where you are in your meno journey? 2 pumps is often prescribed in peri but if you've been without oestrogen for some time it would be better to start on 1 pump. Utro is 100mg if taken every day but 200 x 12 days if taken cyclically.