Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Issues when lowered progesterone, anyone?  (Read 538 times)

Evie606

Issues when lowered progesterone, anyone?
« on: March 31, 2023, 09:12:48 AM »

Hi All,

I’ve been doing well on Cyclogest for a while on 200mg conti. Consultant agreed I could go down to 100mg by cutting pessary in half or using alternative nights. This was the beginning of February.

By the end of Feb, symptoms started to creep in - all over itching, bloating/water retention. I’ve been told to try to go back to 200mg as low progesterone can cause all these things. Anyone else this has happened to?  :o

Evie606

Re: Issues when lowered progesterone, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 09:15:46 AM »

Sorry admin, no idea why this was posted twice!  :D

Stella2

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 10:26:22 AM »

Hi Evie,
I am sorry that I can't comment on your experience, I am sure you will get replies regarding this, but would you mind letting me know why it was decided to lower your cyclogest? I am now taking 200 Utrogestan due to breakthrough bleeding and I wonder if to carry on and if being on high continuous may be harmful. :o

Evie606

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2023, 08:50:06 PM »

Hi Evie,
I am sorry that I can't comment on your experience, I am sure you will get replies regarding this, but would you mind letting me know why it was decided to lower your cyclogest? I am now taking 200 Utrogestan due to breakthrough bleeding and I wonder if to carry on and if being on high continuous may be harmful. :o

Hi Stella,

I’m only on 3/2 sprays of Lenzetto (around a 40 patch equivalent) and I’ve no bleeding, I asked if I should be on the lower dose of 100mg as that would be the equivalent to the Utrogestan conti which I was on before. Consultant agreed but said if bleeding started again then I should go back to 200mg. No bleeding but symptoms as per post. She never said anything about risks of being on too much Prog, only too little.
Hope that helps x

Stella2

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2023, 07:19:01 AM »

Hi Evie, thank you for your reply, that's very helpful.
I hope that some ladies will be able to respond regarding your symptoms. X