Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hello worried about eostrogel  (Read 1173 times)

Kim

• First Flush
Hello worried about eostrogel
« on: March 28, 2023, 04:07:17 PM »

Thank you for letting me join the forum, my name is Kim I am 66 years old and had a hysterectomy when I was in my 40,s . Last year I was diagnosed with stage 3 her2 positive  oestrogen negative, metastatic breast cancer. I also have heart disease and was unable to have herceptin and chemo so my cancer is not cured. After my mastectomy my surgeon and oncologist said that I could stay on HRT to protect my bones but changed it from tablets to eostrogel, I get on reasonably well with the gel but have started to develop severe jaw and tooth pain since using it, I have read that this can be an issue and wondered if anybody else has had similar and would it be worth my changing over to the patches. I am sorry for this really long introductory message, I am just worried about having constant tooth and jaw pain, it has all been checked by dentist and oncologist so it seems to come down to the oestrogel , I would be so grateful to hear about others experiences with transdermal eostrogen thank you very much for taking the time to read this
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 11:14:19 AM by Kim »

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Hello worried about eostrogel
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 06:48:09 PM »

Hi.   :welcomemm:

Sorry no one’s posted back, it’s just been missed unfortunately. I’m sure someone will come on soon.
I’m on tablet form hrt, so can’t answer your question, but I’m so sorry to hear about your health, regarding the cancer.
Glad you’ve found us, hang tight, someone will respond I’m sure.
You’re doing amazing, keep going, but I agree, maybe patches would be better. xx

sheila99

Re: Hello worried about eostrogel
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 08:45:10 PM »

I'm so sorry about your diagnosis. Patches are just as safe as gel so just down to personal preference. Do you have any other symptoms? I think I'd try increasing gel first as it's possible you're still deficient.