Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Experiences of Estradot Patches  (Read 3295 times)

discogirl

Re: Experiences of Estradot Patches
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2023, 05:40:20 AM »

My experience is the opposite! Estradot stick well and and are a slightly higher dose than the equivalent gel. I love not being slathered in gel twice a day, for me the patch is easier. Evorel didn't stick very well and they're massive, I was quite glad when I developed an allergic reaction to them and had to change.

thanks sheila99

i appreciate you sharing about estradot being slightly higher dose than the gel xx

discogirl

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2023, 05:41:50 AM »

I have tried a patch in the past I think it was evorel and didn't like it, Estradot I am much happier with, I would recommend them, I feel like they are more effective but obviously it's hard to definitively know, I would give them a try, I would probably swap in stages from gel to patch though - cut patch down and gradually decrese gel and increase patch but that's just me x

hi ClaureMM
you must have read my mind as i was planning to move away in stages. either that or try and combine gel and patches xx

Gilla999

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2023, 06:57:09 AM »

I moved from Lenzetto to Estradot two months ago Disco. I don't have problems with the patch sticking, though I do like to cover it with a Tegaderm patch as Flossie recommended, just for extra security. I did find that when I would have a boiling hot bath, I felt like it impacted absorption - I subsequently did a bit of research and found that Estradot patches specifically are not stable at over 35 degrees, which is probably why. So I stick to showers now.

Another side note is that my experience mirrors that of most other people here, in that Estradot is significantly stronger than Lenzetto - even more so than the revised equivalents they gave. A 50mg patch is supposed to be equivalent to 3 sprays of Lenzetto (formely 2), but my Estrogen blood test on only a 37.5mg patch was significantly higher than on 2 sprays of Lenzetto (and I have very reliable blood tests - I do them often). This may not apply to Oestrogel, but my advice if you do switch would be to err on the side of the lower end of the swap and increase when you need it - I'd imagine you'd know pretty quickly it it was too low! Good luck and keep us posted xx
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 07:30:46 AM by Gilla999 »

discogirl

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2023, 07:08:00 AM »

hi Gilla999

this is really useful information thank you.

i had hesrd that patches in general tend to dump estrogen in hot baths and things.

it would be interesting to know the ratio between oestrogel and estradot. i know lenzetto was weaker than oestrogel.

i will keep everyone updated thanks so much for the info xx

Dotty

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2023, 08:02:31 AM »

https://www.womens-health-concern.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/27-WHC-FACTSHEET-HRT-Doses-NOV2022-A.pdf

Page 3 gives you ( rough ) equivalent doses . 3 pumps of Oestrogel equals a 75 patch, but you might absorb differently from a patch so might need lower or higher.

discogirl

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2023, 08:36:24 AM »

https://www.womens-health-concern.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/27-WHC-FACTSHEET-HRT-Doses-NOV2022-A.pdf

Page 3 gives you ( rough ) equivalent doses . 3 pumps of Oestrogel equals a 75 patch, but you might absorb differently from a patch so might need lower or higher.

thanks so much for this dotty xx

Pippa52

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2023, 10:00:50 AM »

discogirl - I found the patches stronger than the gel by quite a lot

gc123

• First Flush
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2023, 12:22:04 PM »

Hi, I personally love Estradot 50. I was originally on gel but found it such a faff applying it. I find the patches so much easier.

When I first moved over there was a shortage on Estradot so I got Evorel 50, which were okay but after a few months I would get a hot flush about an hour after putting them on. Thankfully when I next got patches Estradot were available.

I find both stick well but the Estradot being much smaller are easier to find new spots each time I apply them.

I think it is trial and error not only with the patches but where you put them as well. I'd say give them a try.

I just stopped with the gel one day and started on the patches on the day that I wanted the patch change day to be and all worked fine for me.

Hope you find them as wonderful as I do.

G xx

HighAnxiety

• First Flush
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2023, 02:17:30 PM »

Please help! I was on Evorel 25mg patches for 3mths and then they were increased to 50mg. I was fine for just over a week but out of the blue I started experiencing headaches, dizziness, nausea and occasional vomiting. I also have increased intense hunger pains all of the time. I have a GP appointment tomorrow but wonder if anyone else feels like this. Yesterday was the worse. This is making me feel so sad. Advise would be so much appreciated.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2023, 02:21:20 PM »

Please help! I was on Evorel 25mg patches for 3mths and then they were increased to 50mg. I was fine for just over a week but out of the blue I started experiencing headaches, dizziness, nausea and occasional vomiting. I also have increased intense hunger pains all of the time. I have a GP appointment tomorrow but wonder if anyone else feels like this. Yesterday was the worse. This is making me feel so sad. Advise would be so much appreciated.

I am so sorry you are having this reaction. It could be the jump from 25 to 50 was too much for you. If your meno symptoms were stable on the 25 then you can stay on 25. If you need an increase then you may feel better cutting a bit off the 50 patch rather then using it all.

discogirl

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2023, 06:04:14 PM »

discogirl - I found the patches stronger than the gel by quite a lot

Thanks Pippa52, from what other ladies have said they do seem to be stronger xxx

discogirl

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2023, 06:06:26 PM »

Hi, I personally love Estradot 50. I was originally on gel but found it such a faff applying it. I find the patches so much easier.

When I first moved over there was a shortage on Estradot so I got Evorel 50, which were okay but after a few months I would get a hot flush about an hour after putting them on. Thankfully when I next got patches Estradot were available.

I find both stick well but the Estradot being much smaller are easier to find new spots each time I apply them.

I think it is trial and error not only with the patches but where you put them as well. I'd say give them a try.

I just stopped with the gel one day and started on the patches on the day that I wanted the patch change day to be and all worked fine for me.

Hope you find them as wonderful as I do.

G xx

Hi gc123,

Im picking some up tomorrow and the rest up Monday when they get the rest of my order in.

Ive been thinking about starting on the for a while now xxx

discogirl

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2023, 06:09:47 PM »

Hi Discogirl
We’ve spoken before and I have been reading some of your posts regarding the gel. I just wanted to say I was in the exact same position as you. It all started so well for a number of months and then I started to get the sleepless nights back. I tried increasing the dose etc. it took a long time trying to get it right again but I never did quite manage it.
This all changed when I went onto Estradot. Initially I went from 3 pumps of gel to a 50 patch. Although the equivalent patch is 75 to 3 pumps of gel I wanted to start gradually and 50 is still a good dose to start with. I can’t tell you just how much more stable the patch was almost straight away. I found with the gel if I put it on in the morning I had quite a big hit of feeling nauseous for an hour or so and then it would wear off throughout the day meaning I couldn’t sleep. If I applied it at night I was wired and couldn’t sleep. The patch was and is just so much more steady and I’d say calm. No ups and downs. I was able to drift off to sleep very easily which was lovely. But as time went on I started to wake up around 3-4am. I then realised I need to up the dosage slightly do I cut off about a quarter of another patch and I’ve now been on a 75 patch for some time and I absolutely love it. I sleep 7/8 hours every night and seeing as insomnia was my only real symptom to begin with it was vital for me to sort out. I know we are all different but I’ve been on hrt for 7 years now and it took a lot of trial and error to find what suited me but I personally love the Estradot patches.
Best wishes and I hope you feel better soon.

Hi Mollydolly,

This is so helpful for me.

sleep is the one thing I want sorting. As I always used to sleep really well.

The gel has been okay;  getting 7/8 hours sleep is something I dream of now; maybe the estradot can help with that.

I just feel I want something a bit more consistent and I feel the estradot patches would give that.

I started hrt last august on estraderm but they weren't very good; probably my levels were so low also.

Can you always get hold of estradot.

Thanks so much for this and I will keep you updated xx

Hurdity

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2023, 06:44:23 PM »

All of the replies on here just go to show how differently we absorb different products!

So for me - I was on Estradot for many years until the shortages began (can't remember when these started) so was changed to estraderm which I HATED after estradot as they are MAHOOSIVE. Like going round with a plastic bag taped to my butt - so soon got rid of those. Was then on Elleste Solo for a couple of years and then I think they began to become in short supply, so was given Evorel and though they are bigger than Estradot - for me they are the best.

I definitely get a higher dose of oestrogen from them (possibly because of the slight unstable nature of estrdot being small and perhaps sliding about a bit at smaller sizes eg 50 mcg) - as I have had bleeding issues recently which I didn't have before (though that could be age...).

So summary - I loved estradot while I had them - for years, but after trying a few others, I now love Evorel and wouldn't change back to Estradot :)

Hurdity x

discogirl

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2023, 06:55:30 PM »

hi hurdity

hope your ok.

you know you said that estradot slides about a bit. i thought they were really good at sticking... well as good as something can be being stuck to someones backside xxx
Pages: 1 [2] 3