Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Experiences of Estradot Patches  (Read 3303 times)

discogirl

Experiences of Estradot Patches
« on: March 27, 2023, 05:29:15 PM »

I'm thinking of moving from oestrogel to patches and I just wondered what peoples experience of estradot are.

Thank you x

Dotty

Re: Experiences of Estradot Patches
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 06:08:22 PM »

A friend of mine moved from 5.5 pumps of gel to Estradot 100 and half of a 25 patch….and she loves it . Says the patches are easier than gel. xx

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 06:15:57 PM »

Thanks Dotty xx

Pippa52

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 06:32:10 PM »

Estradot are great personally I much prefer them to the gel.  They are really small and stick really well not had one fall off at all.  Also so much easier than having to apply gel every day.  Hope so much they work well for you too if you decide to swap  xx

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 06:35:57 PM »

Estradot are great personally I much prefer them to the gel.  They are really small and stick really well not had one fall off at all.  Also so much easier than having to apply gel every day.  Hope so much they work well for you too if you decide to swap  xx

Hi Pippa52

Did you find the estrogen in the estradot is weaker than the gel? I did try estraderm way back when I first started hrt last august but they done nothing for me, I'm quite nervous about trying estradot; I like the gel but it doesn't seem to be helping my sleep and I was wondering if the patches may give a more consistent dose xxx

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2023, 06:50:40 PM »

Hi the oestrogen in gels, sprays and patches is the same…… it is transdermal oestrogen. If one doesn’t suit you then a different one may suit you better.

If the patches didn’t help you, it’s likely that the dose wasn’t high enough. x

Joaniepat

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 06:51:25 PM »

My experience is that they are very good: small, ultra-sticky, and for me absorption is good. The downside is that they can be difficult to get hold of.
JP x

discogirl

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2023, 06:59:03 PM »

My experience is that they are very good: small, ultra-sticky, and for me absorption is good. The downside is that they can be difficult to get hold of.
JP x

hi joaniepat

yes as ive discovered!!!

discogirl

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2023, 07:02:43 PM »

Hi the oestrogen in gels, sprays and patches is the same…… it is transdermal oestrogen. If one doesn’t suit you then a different one may suit you better.

If the patches didn’t help you, it’s likely that the dose wasn’t high enough. x

hi dotty

yes your right. its all trial and error really.

im just concerned that i didnt seem to absorb the estraderm patches but i was just starting off on hrt last august when my levels were really low xx

Dotty

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2023, 07:05:46 PM »

I think you were absorbing as your levels increased from 19 if I remember rightly, but they didn’t increase enough because you needed a higher dose. x

discogirl

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2023, 07:12:56 PM »

I think you were absorbing as your levels increased from 19 if I remember rightly, but they didn’t increase enough because you needed a higher dose. x

yes your right dotty.

gosh you have a better memory than me!!

thanks so very much for your help.

i hope your keeping well xxx

Nas

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2023, 08:01:59 PM »

Hated Estradot. They gave me period pain and irritable feelings.

Evorel on the other hand, although bigger, are much better. I am on 100 now and feel much more on an even keel. Sleep is poor without amitriptyline however. Right  now, not too bothered as I have to keep working etc.

sheila99

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2023, 08:26:28 PM »

My experience is the opposite! Estradot stick well and and are a slightly higher dose than the equivalent gel. I love not being slathered in gel twice a day, for me the patch is easier. Evorel didn't stick very well and they're massive, I was quite glad when I developed an allergic reaction to them and had to change.

Claire MM

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2023, 10:47:14 PM »

I have tried a patch in the past I think it was evorel and didn't like it, Estradot I am much happier with, I would recommend them, I feel like they are more effective but obviously it's hard to definitively know, I would give them a try, I would probably swap in stages from gel to patch though - cut patch down and gradually decrese gel and increase patch but that's just me x

discogirl

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2023, 05:38:47 AM »

Hated Estradot. They gave me period pain and irritable feelings.

Evorel on the other hand, although bigger, are much better. I am on 100 now and feel much more on an even keel. Sleep is poor without amitriptyline however. Right  now, not too bothered as I have to keep working etc.

thanks for sharing that Nas.

take care xxx
Pages: [1] 2 3