Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Starting Imvaggis  (Read 2767 times)

Dandelion22

Starting Imvaggis
« on: March 27, 2023, 03:20:41 PM »

Hi Ladies,
For a few weeks I have been using Yes VM and although I was mainly ok with it I found that it did irritate me a bit as i got quite a discharge. My Doctor recommended I try Imvaggis for 2 weeks and then twice a week. I have done the first two nights and am finding that the following morning I have a constant feeling that I need to wee but my bladder is empty. This feeling goes off around lunchtime and then I am ok again. I wondered if anyone had experienced this as I am not sure if I should carry on taking the Imvaggis to see if the problem goes away or stop taking it and switch back to the Yes VM. Out of the two I would rather have the Yes VM issue than the Imvaggis. I am 2 years post menopause and don’t take any other HRT treatment.
Any advice would be appreciated
Thank you

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Starting Imvaggis
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 04:24:57 PM »

Hi I found this sensation if I had to do a reload of 'ovestin'.  When I get the need2P feelings I swallow two 'nurofen' 3 times a day to ease symptoms of the nip as the urine flow stops.  I would continue with the Imvaggis [I always see this as 'haggis  ::)] .

YES or Sylc products won't replace the lack of oestrogen which causes bladder irritations and dryness in the vagina.  As a moisturiser it helps on the outer labia. 

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 05:14:54 PM »

I felt a lot of irritation when I tried Imvaggis and was unable to tolerate it. You may get used to it as for some people it is just a matter of their body adjusting. If you feel unable to use it then you may like to try Ovestin or Vagifem. You can use Yes  along with the Imvaggis and as often as needed but on its own it cannot help VA.

Dandelion22

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 06:12:22 PM »

It is so difficult to know what to do, I am inclined to carry on with the Imvaggis and see if it settles down when I drop down to two times a week. It is interesting CLKD that you have a similar problem when you reload the Ovestin. It is evening now and  the sensation that I need to wee has completely gone. Like you say Flossieteacake my body is trying something new and so it may need to adjust.  How long did you try it before you moved onto something else?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 06:15:12 PM »

It is so difficult to know what to do, I am inclined to carry on with the Imvaggis and see if it settles down when I drop down to two times a week. It is interesting CLKD that you have a similar problem when you reload the Ovestin. It is evening now and  the sensation that I need to wee has completely gone. Like you say Flossieteacake my body is trying something new and so it may need to adjust.  How long did you try it before you moved onto something else?

I think I gave it a week. It made my skin feel irritated but it can also do this if you are new to using VA treatment as your skin will be very raw. If you do decide to stop then I would ask for Ovestin because not using any VA treatment means the VA will get worse.

They do say to use VA treatment daily for two weeks and then drop it to twice a week but this is often not enough and it will flare back. I think it is best to use it daily until it has improved and then to test reducing it. Some of us need it daily or it flares up.

Mouse60

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2023, 07:06:37 AM »

I am starting Imvaggis too - a week and a half into the daily regime (3 weeks daiky for me?🤷‍♀️)and certainly helping but I am struggling with what feels like inflamed or over sensitive clitoris giving me the urge to pee all the time.
Not certain I want a lifetime of painkillers for that….
Fe  we long a bit low today as this is dominating my life atm

Ayesha

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2023, 09:41:59 AM »

It's normal to get weird sensations as the treatment starts to work, that's were all the patience comes in when you first start Vaginal Atrophy treatment, and it's the time when it's all trial and error. Patience is the key here with a good feminine moisturiser to help tolerate any side effects of the treatment.

Twice a week treatment is totally useless for most of us, I only started to reduce mine a year on from daily doses of Vagifem and Ovestin and still I need to use it daily.  It's all a learning curve and you will soon find out for yourself what regime works best for you, we are all so different and what works for one will not for another!  Good luck ladies!  :)

Dandelion22

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2023, 03:53:40 PM »

Well, a trip to the Drs today as I really didn’t feel well this morning. It turns out I have a water infection. The Dr seems to think this is not linked to the Imvaggis even though I have never had one before. I now have antibiotics so am going to carry on with the Imvaggis and hopefully things will settle down. My VA is really not too bad generally so hopefully if I can stop the need to wee all the time with the antibiotics the Imvaggis will help with the discharge etc and I can await my next trauma!

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2023, 04:12:44 PM »

Hopefully your GP will send a urine sample to be grown in a Lab to determine which AB is appropriate because VA mimics repeated urine infection-type symptoms really really well.  The ABs will relieve symptoms for a short while but won't 'cure' the issue of needing replacement oestrogen.  If you think that you are sensitive to Imvaggis then ask for 'vagifem' instead: same idea, insert into the vagina for at least 2 weeks ........ some tender skin may react to the fillers or outer covering rather than the active ingredient!

Dandelion22

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2023, 04:34:30 PM »

Yes I have handed over a sample. I don’t think I am sensitive to it, I can’t really tell after 2 nights but I will go back and ask for an alternative if things don’t settle down.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2023, 05:59:02 PM »

That's good thinking!

Mouse60

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2023, 07:41:43 AM »

Dandelion22 you might find Angela Kilmartin’s book on cystitis (Patient’s Handbook)useful- personally I think it is a bit of a game changer. Someone else recommended it on here and I can’t thank them enough.

Dandelion22

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2023, 02:48:52 PM »

I will have a look at that thank you. After 6 nights of Imvaggis I had a terrible day yesterday as I was so uncomfortable down below with a burning sensation both front and back. I didn’t use one last night and switched back to Yes VM and today have felt quite a bit better. I don’t finish the antibiotics until Monday so that hasn’t quite cleared up either. I will see what happens over the weekend and then think I will ask for an alternative like Vagifem etc.  I have read that there can be stinging when first used but this was just awful.

Dandelion22

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2023, 02:53:08 PM »

Mouse60 have you got the title of the Kilmartin book she has published quite a few?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2023, 04:50:37 PM »

I will have a look at that thank you. After 6 nights of Imvaggis I had a terrible day yesterday as I was so uncomfortable down below with a burning sensation both front and back. I didn’t use one last night and switched back to Yes VM and today have felt quite a bit better. I don’t finish the antibiotics until Monday so that hasn’t quite cleared up either. I will see what happens over the weekend and then think I will ask for an alternative like Vagifem etc.  I have read that there can be stinging when first used but this was just awful.

It sounds like it irritated your skin like it did for me. I am sorry you had such a horrible sensation. It is good to hear your skin is feeling a bit better now. Vaigfem or Ovestin sound like a better option for you. :)
Pages: [1] 2