Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Estrogel increase severe anxiety help!!!!  (Read 608 times)

Madge79

Estrogel increase severe anxiety help!!!!
« on: March 27, 2023, 03:14:22 PM »

Hi all
I have rather rapidly (and stupidly) increased my estrogel from 2 pumps to 4 pumps. Long story short….got annoyed as estrogel levels very low so dropped a dose this set off an awful migraine and other symptoms so stuck it backup to 3 (where I was) and then 6 days later got inpatient and stuck it up to 4. This triggered another migraine and I have basically felt like hell since.

I have awful anxiety, migraines, auras, feel dizzy, upset stomach etc. so I’ve battled through this far for 2 weeks, I think I need to be on this dose as my levels were so low (59 pmol) but I have done it too quickly.

Will this settle does anyone have any experience with this and how long it might take? I’m reluctant to create yet another fluctuation by dropping down again!!!

Nas

Re: Estrogel increase severe anxiety help!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 03:22:17 PM »

Oh dear, oestrogel can cause these horrid symptoms unfortunately. I think you are going to have to ride this one out at 3 pumps, otherwise your  body will get very confused.

Slow and steady wins the race, especially with gel.

Hope you feel a bit more human soon.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 03:24:03 PM »

Stop for 24 hours to give your body a break and then start with a smaller dose.  The body doesn't get where it is suddenly unless there has been surgical intervention so will react to any sudden increases.

Those feelings are awful  :foryou:

Madge79

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 03:24:27 PM »

I’ve been on the 4 for 2 weeks, do you think drop back down? I’ve also got the fear of migraine if I do that too 😩

Although I’m getting migraines from this anyway so hey ho! I guess I could reduce a small amount at a time? 🤷‍♀️

Madge79

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 03:25:44 PM »

Thanks CLKD it really is awful! Anxiety from low estrogen and now anxiety from a sudden boost.

It’s horrid!!!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2023, 04:21:47 PM »

I don't know how long the body holds onto HRT - what's to lose if you don't use for 24 hours?  If after then you feel similar, then don't use the next night?  If you were rushed into hospital and didn't have your usual regime ..........  :-\.  HRT can be Trial and Error anyway  ::)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 05:17:13 PM »

Aw, I am sorry this has happened. I can understand feeling frustrated with the increase not working. It can take a few months before we know if an increase will be enough. I agree with Nas and would drop to 3 pumps or even 2 if you feel this would be more tolerable. If you totally stop then you will get the meno symptoms back and I can see why you think it could also give you a migraine.