Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Lots to think about.  (Read 1745 times)

CJT

Lots to think about.
« on: March 14, 2023, 03:08:52 PM »

Hi, sorry for long post .
I have a few things to ask. I was  on the contraceptive pill for a very long time. I was having very light periods. I was then advised to take the pill with no break. Periods obviously stopped but was having spotting practically everyday since September time. I spoke to doctor regarding another issue and also about menopause symptoms, night sweats, brain fog (quite severe) feeling hot, aching joints, difficulty sleeping. Also anxiety but have been told I have depression so I’m having both things going on. So I’m not sure when my last natural period was. I had blood tests which doctor said I’m menopausal. I’ve been prescribed femoston 1/10 and have been taking for only 2 weeks so I know I need to give it time. Some  symptoms are ever so slightly better but I’m really bloated already, is this a coincidence as I’ve read HRT doesn’t make you bloated and slight pmt pains.
I’m 49.
Thanks for any advice x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Lots to think about.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 04:38:31 PM »

Hi!  Ladies have these years which we now know are peri-menopause symptoms: periods become less, with gaps; maybe flushing; brain fog ......

Menopause is literally the final period.  No more.  We are advised to count for 12 months to think that we might be into menopause proper, Mother Nature can throw in the curved ball with another period  >:(  ::) - then we have to count from 1 again until the 12 months without a bleed.  Clear as mud?

Who diagnosed depression?  Whilst ladies may feel low in mood and/or depressed, along with anxiety surges, it can be caused by perimenopause. 

Bloated can be awful.  I get it without being on HRT.  Hopefully someone will be along with advice about HRT.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress. 

CJT

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 05:39:41 PM »

Hi!  Ladies have these years which we now know are peri-menopause symptoms: periods become less, with gaps; maybe flushing; brain fog ......

Menopause is literally the final period.  No more.  We are advised to count for 12 months to think that we might be into menopause proper, Mother Nature can throw in the curved ball with another period  >:(  ::) - then we have to count from 1 again until the 12 months without a bleed.  Clear as mud?

Who diagnosed depression?  Whilst ladies may feel low in mood and/or depressed, along with anxiety surges, it can be caused by perimenopause. 

Bloated can be awful.  I get it without being on HRT.  Hopefully someone will be along with advice about HRT.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress.

Thank you for replying. That does make sense…. I was diagnosed with depression before I discussed menopause and was referred to a councillor who has confirmed and I’m now receiving counciling which is amazing and I’m grateful for.
A diary sounds like a good idea. So frustrating as I eat well and have lost weight to have this which is out of our control. Frustrating isn’t it xx

Cazikins

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 05:21:07 PM »

Hi CJT,
To get the best you can from HRT you really need to give it a lot longer, & be patient too. It is very easy to give up on it but when you give it a few months trial you will see subtle improvement.
Yes keep notes of how you feel each week as CLKD suggests, that way you may see someimprovement.
Let us know how you get on but most of all try & be patient.  :hug:

CJT

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 07:18:35 PM »

Hi CJT,
To get the best you can from HRT you really need to give it a lot longer, & be patient too. It is very easy to give up on it but when you give it a few months trial you will see subtle improvement.
Yes keep notes of how you feel each week as CLKD suggests, that way you may see someimprovement.
Let us know how you get on but most of all try & be patient.  :hug:

Thanks you for replying. Definitely good advice. Just so much information it makes me overthink everything. The HRT def seems to be helping with the anxiety part. X