Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Splitting dose of Oestrogel?  (Read 449 times)

Greengoddess

Splitting dose of Oestrogel?
« on: March 26, 2023, 06:18:10 PM »

Hi

I have been on the 2-3 pumps Oestrogel and 100mg Utrogestan regime for a couple of months now after being on Femoston for a few years prior to that. I have generally felt much better on this new regime but I am finding that I crash a bit towards the end of the day, it doesn’t just feel like general tiredness, but my mood slumps a little and I just feel a bit yuk.
I currently apply the gel in the mornings only, then take the Utrogestan when I go to bed.
Would it help to split the dose of the gel and apply half dose in the morning and maybe half the dose in the evening, just so I have a bit more of continual oestrogen throughout a 24 hour period?
Anyone have any advice or thoughts?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Splitting dose of Oestrogel?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 06:41:21 PM »

It mayB a drop in blood sugar/energy levels.  When at work I would feel suddenly sick around 3.30 plus I had to drive home knowing that there was no-where to stop.  I found that eating ginger biscuits would help sustain me until tea-time.  Add that hormonal upheaval, I was not into peri by then  :-\

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 07:39:54 PM »

You have scope to increase the Oestrogel if your symptoms are not controlled on the current dose. It's a question of finding that sweet spot!
J x

HellsBells

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 01:19:43 PM »

How are your thyroid levels?