Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: sorry for going on but....  (Read 1327 times)

discogirl

Re: sorry for going on but....
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2023, 01:31:32 PM »

Also there is a book 'The Sleep Book' by Guy Meadows - nothing to do with HRT but I have found it so helpful at times for overcoming the anxiety around insomnia and helping sleep xx

hi ClaireMM

ive got it!! working my way through the book now.

i think it was Nas or Gnatty who recommended it.

its a brilliant book xxx

discogirl

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2023, 01:34:45 PM »

Hello discogirl

I am so sorry that you are suffering, my heart goes out to you.

I agree with Claire MM regarding vitamins and minerals and there seems to be a connection between low Vit and poor sleep.
 You may like to do a bit of Googling on the subject because if you have a deficiency that can easily be corrected.

I understand that vitamin D is actually a pro hormone  which makes me think that adequate levels may be vital for our overall hormonal balance.

I am sorry that I can't be of more help and I completely understand your frustration.
Sleep isn't a huge problem for me but I have other issues that are driving me crazy so I know how hard it can be.

Wishing you well and sending hugs.

K.

hi kathleen

thank you so much for your kind wishes.

its very much appreciated xxx

discogirl

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2023, 01:48:07 PM »

Hi, I've been through a lot of sleep issues over the years and HRT definately helps, maybe trying a patch might help, I think with increasing the dose things like tender boobs etc can also increase until the body adjusts so that may be a temporary reaction when you increased. In terms of non HRT Vitamin D is so important for sleep, and if in the UK we cannot get enough in the winter, you can take it also with calcium and magnesium to aid sleep. B vitamins in the morning are also good. Be aware that if you take melatonin this can increase progesterone. I believe that sometimes it is thought that pogesterone helps you get off to sleep and estrogen helps you stay asleep. I tend to take some gel at night but I'm also on a patch.

hi ClaireMM

i cant take melatonin as it interacts with my amitrypline however you jogged my memory. ive been taking mag glycinate at night also and with taking my utro at night too i wonder if this has upset my sleep pattern as mag also increases progesterone levels.

you would think that increased progesterine levels would equal more sleep but it doesnt work like that.

i will knock the mag out and see if my priogesterone levels out xxx

CherryC

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2023, 03:58:29 PM »

Just a quick thought Discogirl, I find I sleep better with less Oestrogen - too much and it makes me wired and awake during the night.  Also I find the Estradot patch gives a consistent dose.  Why not try the 75 Estradot and then you always have the option of cutting a bit off if that's too much. Or start with cutting some off and work your way up to the full 75 patch if need be.  Sorry you're having these problems and hope you get sorted soon! x

discogirl

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2023, 04:16:08 PM »

Just a quick thought Discogirl, I find I sleep better with less Oestrogen - too much and it makes me wired and awake during the night.  Also I find the Estradot patch gives a consistent dose.  Why not try the 75 Estradot and then you always have the option of cutting a bit off if that's too much. Or start with cutting some off and work your way up to the full 75 patch if need be.  Sorry you're having these problems and hope you get sorted soon! x

hi CherryC

i was honestly considering estradot 75 for a more consistent dose but ive been told that the gel works the same way.

are you having any trouble getting your estradot 75s xxx

CherryC

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2023, 04:32:45 PM »

There was a delay this time but I've just had notification to say my prescription is ready, so I'm hoping that it is.
I thought I could sense a bit more dumping with the gel but it may have been my imagination - also I wondered how consistent the area you spread it over/leaving to dry etc.

discogirl

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2023, 05:43:05 PM »

There was a delay this time but I've just had notification to say my prescription is ready, so I'm hoping that it is.
I thought I could sense a bit more dumping with the gel but it may have been my imagination - also I wondered how consistent the area you spread it over/leaving to dry etc.

hi CherryC

i try to be consistent with the application of the gel.

i tend to stick to my arms as i dont seem to absorb on the thighs.

im glad youve managed to get them. these shortages are causing so much heartache for so many women xxx
Pages: 1 [2]