Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: sorry for going on but....  (Read 1330 times)

discogirl

sorry for going on but....
« on: March 26, 2023, 07:05:46 AM »

my sleep is really all over the place.

im constantly feeling anxious about it. i thought things were getting better as i was starting to go to sleep straight away although i was waking up.

now its taking me ages to get to sleep again. i feel ive gone right back to square one.

im a nervous wreck with no quality of life anymore
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 07:08:17 AM by discogirl »

Dotty

Re: sorry for going on but....
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 07:10:35 AM »

So sorry to hear that 😢. Sounds like an appointment with your doctor might be an idea .

Have your symptoms returned ?

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 07:20:45 AM »

So sorry to hear that 😢. Sounds like an appointment with your doctor might be an idea .

Have your symptoms returned ?

hi dotty

well my sleep was getting better on 3 pumps not great but i was getting to sleep straight away.

when i was on 4 pumps i felt slightly wired, my boobs were really sore and my tinnitus returned.

on 3 my boobs dont hurt and my tinnitus has gone so its a difficult one.

i just feel so very low at the minute xx

Nas

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 09:29:32 AM »

Sorry you are feeling low disco. Sleep deprivation is awful.

Hrt doesn’t always address sleep. Have you tried any prescription drugs instead ? Mirtazapine or amitriptyline? I take 50mg amitriptyline nightly and do get some sleep on it.

The more you stress over it, the worse it becomes sadly.

Maybe just stick with the 3 pumps for now? Or stop hrt and reset your body ? Xx

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2023, 09:36:28 AM »

Sorry you are feeling low disco. Sleep deprivation is awful.

Hrt doesn’t always address sleep. Have you tried any prescription drugs instead ? Mirtazapine or amitriptyline? I take 50mg amitriptyline nightly and do get some sleep on it.

The more you stress over it, the worse it becomes sadly.

Maybe just stick with the 3 pumps for now? Or stop hrt and reset your body ? Xx

hi nas

thanks for your support.

im on 10mg amitrypline been on ut for a year various doses. it did intially help with sleep but it doesnt now.

im just wondering if i stop the hrt and reset my body. how long would i stop for? and when i restart would i go back on the same strength gel etc.

i dont know what the advantages of stopping/resetting hrt would bring xxx

Nas

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2023, 09:58:58 AM »

Make a list of the symptoms you want to ease. Once you stop HRT, you will soon know what your key symptoms are. Then just start again slowly, building up your dose. If you get in with the gel, continue with that.

The thing is, hrt isn’t always the silver bullet which sorts all symptoms. It can help, but doesn’t necessarily solve everything.

As we age, sleep can become an issue. We have to do other things, such as exercise, yoga, or what ever you are interested in. Some swear by magnesium or ashwangandha for sleep. Others take OTC anti histimines, melatonin or CBD oil.

If your sleep issues were linked to low oestrogen, the gel would have sorted that out by now I’m sure.

You have to turn to other tools in the box unfortunately. Xx
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 10:01:03 AM by Nas »

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2023, 10:30:20 AM »

Disco, I am so sorry to hear this. Before you panic and stop HRT bare in mind that stopping HRT may not improve your sleep. Before you were on HRT you had very low oestrogen and it took a while for it to improve. It does sound like it would be a good idea to have a chat with your DR.

I know how triggering it is for you not to sleep and you will panic and think you will not sleep at all. This will not always be this way. There was a time your sleep improved and I am sure it will get back to that again.

Anxiety is so disruptive for sleep and maybe working on the anxiety will help your sleep. Please carry on posting as we all want to support you. You are not alone.

discogirl

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2023, 10:58:06 AM »

Disco, I am so sorry to hear this. Before you panic and stop HRT bare in mind that stopping HRT may not improve your sleep. Before you were on HRT you had very low oestrogen and it took a while for it to improve. It does sound like it would be a good idea to have a chat with your DR.

I know how triggering it is for you not to sleep and you will panic and think you will not sleep at all. This will not always be this way. There was a time your sleep improved and I am sure it will get back to that again.

Anxiety is so disruptive for sleep and maybe working on the anxiety will help your sleep. Please carry on posting as we all want to support you. You are not alone.

my dear friend flossieteacake

thank you so very much for your support.

this not sleeping issue has got me beat.

i really appreciate your help. thank you xxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2023, 11:04:36 AM »

my dear friend flossieteacake

thank you so very much for your support.

this not sleeping issue has got me beat.

i really appreciate your help. thank you xxx

You do not need to thank me. I understand how awful it is not to sleep. It really ruins out mental well being and everything feels so much worse. I hope you are able to call your GP tomorrow and make an appointment as perhaps something sedating would help you right now.

Nas

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2023, 11:25:34 AM »

Have you tried valerian tea disco? Pukka do a night time one I think. It’s really relaxing and might help you sleep?

Lavender spray?
Cbd gummies?
 Clary sage oil?
Listening to podcasts?
Rescue remedy ?

discogirl

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2023, 11:47:47 AM »

Have you tried valerian tea disco? Pukka do a night time one I think. It’s really relaxing and might help you sleep?

Lavender spray?
Cbd gummies?
 Clary sage oil?
Listening to podcasts?
Rescue remedy ?

hi nas

yes tried the lot.

hubbys thinking a mallet may help!!!

discogirl

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2023, 12:16:30 PM »

ive also wondered whilst i like the gel if the constant surge from the gel maybe too much. as in applying it all in one go and dont want to split dose in case its too stimulating at night.

i did try patches when i first started hrt last august but the estraderm i didnt find very good and also my levels were very low.

i was wondering if estradot 75 might be a more constant method of estrogen? xxx

Claire MM

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2023, 12:31:17 PM »

Hi, I've been through a lot of sleep issues over the years and HRT definately helps, maybe trying a patch might help, I think with increasing the dose things like tender boobs etc can also increase until the body adjusts so that may be a temporary reaction when you increased. In terms of non HRT Vitamin D is so important for sleep, and if in the UK we cannot get enough in the winter, you can take it also with calcium and magnesium to aid sleep. B vitamins in the morning are also good. Be aware that if you take melatonin this can increase progesterone. I believe that sometimes it is thought that pogesterone helps you get off to sleep and estrogen helps you stay asleep. I tend to take some gel at night but I'm also on a patch.

Claire MM

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2023, 12:34:02 PM »

Also there is a book 'The Sleep Book' by Guy Meadows - nothing to do with HRT but I have found it so helpful at times for overcoming the anxiety around insomnia and helping sleep xx

Kathleen

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2023, 01:06:57 PM »

Hello discogirl

I am so sorry that you are suffering, my heart goes out to you.

I agree with Claire MM regarding vitamins and minerals and there seems to be a connection between low Vit and poor sleep.
 You may like to do a bit of Googling on the subject because if you have a deficiency that can easily be corrected.

I understand that vitamin D is actually a pro hormone  which makes me think that adequate levels may be vital for our overall hormonal balance.

I am sorry that I can't be of more help and I completely understand your frustration.
Sleep isn't a huge problem for me but I have other issues that are driving me crazy so I know how hard it can be.

Wishing you well and sending hugs.

K.
Pages: [1] 2