Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Have I messed up my HRT? Terrible symptoms after nothing but success!  (Read 1244 times)

Champers101

I’m hoping someone can help!! I was on Evorel 50 for 2 years - no problem at all on that until symptoms started reappearing, so went up to Estradot 75 about 6 months ago. Worked brilliantly and I was really happy.

Then about 4-5 weeks ago there was a supply problem locally and I went 4 extra days without any patch. After that I had to go onto Evorel 75 as it’s all they had. Apart from a nasty migraine for the first few days everything seemed back on course.

Until the beginning of last week when I started to get a constant period pain ache around my abdomen/ pelvis and lower back. Over the week it got worse and the pain spread to all over my body, including my fingers. I’m also alternating between raging and crying. These were basically the symptoms that made me start HRT all that time ago and I’m devastated that I’m back feeling so horrendous - and terrified that this will never end.

The only other time I’ve felt like this on HRT is last summer when my Mirena was 4yrs in and obviously depleting. Had a new one put in and it cured everything.

Totally baffled now, and it will be weeks until I’ll be able to speak to my doctor. Was it the few day gap between HRT patches - maybe my oestrogen plummeted and then going straight to 75 was too much? Or could it be the change of brand?

Or is HRT not going to work for me anymore? Feeling so desperate. Any help appreciated

Dotty

Hi yes, it could be that you were without oestrogen for 4 days and it could be the change of brand. x

discogirl

hi Champers101

I'm not sure i have the answers and im sure other more experienced ladies will be along to help but maybe with the 4 day break from your estradot 75 patches and then a different brand of patch that msy have messed things up slightly and things may need to take time to settle down.

can you not get the estradot 75s anymore?

try and give the evorel 75s a bit of time to see if things settle. if not there are always other patches or other types of hrt.

i know its hard at the moment but you will feel well again xxx

Claire MM

Can you try ringing around pharmacists to see if anywhere has any estradot 75s? And then explaining to surgery and request prescription? If it was the change of brand that should sort it and if it was the sudden drop then the only thing you can do is maintain it consistently and hopefully it will all balance out, hope you feel better soon, it may feel awful but it is not irreversible xx

Perinowpost

Hi Champers101

I think it will be the switch in patch that’s done it. Evorel and estradot are derived from different sources: evorel is Mexican yam and estradot is soy (silver birch family). I absolutely prefer evorel and had an awful reaction when I tried estradot and quickly switched back and was fine. I suspect you’re having the same reaction but in reverse. That said if you stick with evorel your body will get used to it as your receptors settle down.

Don’t panic, either way there is a solution. Let us know how you go on x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Hi Champers101

I think it will be the switch in patch that’s done it. Evorel and estradot are derived from different sources: evorel is Mexican yam and estradot is soy (silver birch family). I absolutely prefer evorel and had an awful reaction when I tried estradot and quickly switched back and was fine. I suspect you’re having the same reaction but in reverse. That said if you stick with evorel your body will get used to it as your receptors settle down.

Don’t panic, either way there is a solution. Let us know how you go on x

Champers101

Thank you so much all, and apologies for posting twice - it just kept saying there was a fault with the site and the post hadn’t gone through!

It’s just strange than I was fine with Evorel 50 for so long but then might not be ok with the Evorel 75. I begged the pharmacist for Estradot but he kept saying the brands were interchangeable

I’m most concerned with the period pains/ aches they’re pretty severe and constant. Haven’t seen many women talk of those symptoms with a lack of oestrogen. I do remember getting them when my Mirena was waning, as I say

I’m also terrified to switch back to Estradot as my migraines knock me out of my life for many days and now I know hormone fluctuations can bring them on!

CLKD

Certainly migraines can be triggered by hormonal upheaval.  It is something that, as with nose bleeds  ::), that I dread  :-\.  Fortunately I've never suffered, R yours controlled with medication?

I had period pains for years  :'( for 2 days of each period, the bleed could last for 8-10 days.  The Pill sorted it, fortunately.  Do U take medication to ease this, I swallowed 'feminax' - supposedly to take 2 days B4 a period was due, it certainly eased the worst pains.

Let us know how you get on?

Champers101

Thank you CLKD I do take triptans but if I use them too soon after a previous bout of migraines they won’t have any effect (pill overuse?)

I had period pains while menstruating (pre Mirena) but that was only for a couple of days a month. This is all day every day and has become steadily worse since Monday. I struggle to believe the brand of patch could be responsible but it’s quite a coincidence!

CLKD

Morning.  Is there any info in the leaflet in the box?  MayB speak to a Pharmacist?  Then let us know.