Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 4 pumps gel blood results. Can anyone help?  (Read 1275 times)

bluebellstar

Re: 4 pumps gel blood results. Can anyone help?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2023, 09:35:19 PM »

Oh Madge79

Honestly, I’m walking this walk too so I’m feeling it for you. I feel like I’ve got flu most days- it’s a shocker!
I know how good things can be with stable hormones (I’d hit horrific peri symptoms 9 years ago and started HRT then) but whatever had happened in the last 18 months has thrown me back. At 54, I suspect I’ve hit full meno and I’d foolishly expected things to be easier at this stage, not worse! I’ll pray to the universe we both find some stability.
I’ve had one of those days where I feel like slapping on a patch or stopping altogether but I guess we’ve got to try and sit it out!
I’m hoping the split dose settles. It’s a pain doing twice a day but I’ll try anything. I’d read the same, too, on higher doses.
Hang in there and I’ll try to too xx

Madge79

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2023, 12:03:34 PM »

We can do this!!!
I’m so impatient and want it all fixed immediately so I know how you feel!!!
💪🏻

bluebellstar

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2023, 02:15:32 PM »

We CAN Madge!! 🌸

Bungo

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2023, 05:03:35 PM »

Hey

I've just posted on this issue, but didn't know til gynae told me that if you've applied gel to the arm that you used for the draw in the previous month it can corrupt the test, ditto the hand of the arm for the test.  So I use my left arm for bloods, so been applying gel with my right hand to thighs and with the lid of oestrogel pump pack to my right arm to avoid using my left hand.

I'm still unclear on how testing off gel (given it's nearly out of our systems within 24 hours) tells us anything though - I did one test off, and then another a month later with gel applied (not the arm) two hours before testing.

It frustrates me that there's no clear guidance on this, as it seems a fairly important fundamental question for women on HRT - is it absorbing or not??  I get that there will be tissue levels, which is why they say leave at least a month between any dose change, ideally three, as it gives time for the body to calibrate but quite why gynaecology hasn't yet come up with a bloomin' factsheet on this, no idea, would save us all a load of time, worry, and money.

Gynae wants my levels 600+

A whole month! Is it because the gel is on the skin( a good wash won't sort it I assume?) or under the skin. I might start applying like you do to avoid contamination. One of main reasons am using hrt is for my bone density so I really want to ensure have over 300pmol oestrogel . Last few tests I took 24 hours after applying and levels were only 159/170 so not sure whether I'm getting enough during the 24 hour period. And those levels were with potential contamination ( as Ive just learned today😀) So annoying that no studies of this have been done
Pages: 1 [2]