Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Blood results high SHBG  (Read 472 times)

Peanut31

Blood results high SHBG
« on: March 25, 2023, 05:33:32 PM »

Hello

I’m after some advice, I had my 1st blood test taken for Testosterone SHBG etc requested by the menopause clinic I am with.

They are my 1st blood test results.

However, I stopped taking HRT 27th January 2023 after being on it since June 2022.

I take Progesterone 14 days on 14 days off, and dreaded it, unlike others I had the worse nights sleep on it and wasn’t calming at all.

I got up to 2 pumps of oestrogen increasing slowly and even trying 3 pumps.

I was up and down emotionally and stopped when I couldn’t cope with sore huge boobs, weight gain and what I could only describe as panic attacks (something I haven’t had before).

I got into a dark place and no matter what positive thoughts I tried to balance out the negatives,  it didn’t help.

To be honest it frightened me and I stopped, even hubby said stop as he could see how it was effecting me.

At first my moods were good on it.

After stopping my boobs deflated and I felt balanced, not brilliant, but more on an even keel.

This has continued apart from when I have a period (peri menopausal) I’m an absolute witch it’s like the devil has entered my body and I’m so angry.

When on HRT I was constantly tearful and flat.

Please see results for advice. I’m on testosterone as took this for memory loss with my HRT and sex drive.

I continued to take this, and only take 0.5ml 3 times a week. Memory is better, sex drive zero.

Results:

Albumin 42g\L (range 35-50)
SHBG 148 nmol/L (range 32.4 -128)

Oestradiol 276 pmol/L

Testosterone 1.02 (range 0.29-1.67)
Free testosterone 0.006 (range 0.0.03)

I do have underactive thyroid and on medication for this too.

Best wishes