Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Heavy bleeding ?  (Read 604 times)

lillith112

Heavy bleeding ?
« on: March 25, 2023, 06:59:12 AM »

Ladies, I've been on Estraderm 75 and utrogestan sequentially for 2 years now. My withdrawal bleed used to be normal, but the last 6 months or so it's been really heavy and just floods the pad, sometimes with clots 😞 wiping after a wee is like a blood bath 😢

Any idea what the cause might be ?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Heavy bleeding ?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 08:36:17 AM »

Hormones.  When R U due for an HRT review, is it with a GP or Clinic?  There is a medication that can ease heavy bleeding, might be worth asking the surgery? 

wherearemyslippers

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2023, 02:36:27 PM »

Same here, I'm on 2 pumps Estrogel and 200/Utrogestan for 14 days. Have been on HRT for six years with many adjustments of the dose in that time, and these days I seem to get two months of light bleeds then a heavy one that comes about 5 days before the end of the pill cycle and is like you describe. I'm 56 and thought I'd be barely bleeding at all on this regime by now. My consultant doesn't seem worried, he thinks it's just the dying throes of my natural cycle, but it's a bummer and doesn't fit with all the advice I was given about HRT :-\

lillith112

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 06:02:52 AM »

Hormones.  When R U due for an HRT review, is it with a GP or Clinic?  There is a medication that can ease heavy bleeding, might be worth asking the surgery?

CLKD, I had a review at GP surgery I think around 7 months ago, on the phone, which was before all this heavy bleeding started 🙄 x
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 06:07:36 AM by lillith112 »

lillith112

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 06:06:38 AM »

Same here, I'm on 2 pumps Estrogel and 200/Utrogestan for 14 days. Have been on HRT for six years with many adjustments of the dose in that time, and these days I seem to get two months of light bleeds then a heavy one that comes about 5 days before the end of the pill cycle and is like you describe. I'm 56 and thought I'd be barely bleeding at all on this regime by now. My consultant doesn't seem worried, he thinks it's just the dying throes of my natural cycle, but it's a bummer and doesn't fit with all the advice I was given about HRT :-\

Wherearemyslippers, as far as I know as long as you are on the sequential regime you always get a bleed, it's not a true period, it's called a withdrawal bleed. At 56 you should be able to switch to continual HRT by taking the progesterone daily, it prevents a bleed. I don't think I'm old enough to do that yet. x