Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Possible VA - upcoming GP appt  (Read 1980 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Possible VA - upcoming GP appt
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2023, 05:20:26 PM »

It is good you have vagifem. Why does your GP want you to go back in a month? I hope they will not try to get you to reduce it as it needs to be taken for life. Localised oestrogen is the only thing that can reduce VA. Things like vaginal moisturiser and seabuckthorn capsules can help with the dryness.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2023, 05:54:43 PM »

Why non-hormonal  :-\

There are moisturisers which some use as well as either 'vagifem' or 'overtone' i.e. 'sylc' or 'yes' products.  They won't replace the loss of oestrogen which is the cause of vaginal atrophy.  Personally I use 'ovestin' and if necessary 'KY Jelly' on the outer labia.  It's a small amount of active ingredient and must be used every night for at least 2 weeks.

Some then manage with occasional use each week, many ladies require nightly use.  Otherwise the condition returns with a vengeance!   >:(

When I get the need2P feelings I swallow 2 Nurofen 3 times a day until the nip sensation eases.

Let us know how you get on.  Be prepared to use 'as necessary' until symptoms are under control.

Lynda07

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2023, 06:13:45 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake. I think it’s just a belt and braces thing to see how things are going on although she also asked me if I thought things had changed visibly “down there” as if she’d seen something but I couldn’t answer that. She didn’t seem concerned either way, thankfully.

CLKD - I just wondered what else was out there to be honest. I had a very bad reaction to Everol Conti and whilst I realise that the Vagifem is totally different, it’s still HRT and therefore, I’m wary but that’s me all over. I would also be interested in trying some of the moisturisers.

Cara999

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2023, 06:15:39 PM »

I don't think non hormonal will help, I went 6 months without local estrogen and nothing really did. I use balance active gel the nights I don't use Vagifem but nothing is more affective than the estrogen xxx

Lynda07

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2023, 06:36:30 PM »

Thanks Cara999. I guess that last line of yours says it all really xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2023, 07:10:16 PM »

Hormone 'replacement' therapy.  We forget to break it down into what it means.  VA treatment is to 'replace' the lack of oestrogen in the vaginal area.  Other replacements are designed to do a 'different job' for other symptoms.

I don't think of VA treatment as 'replacement' but as a 'booster' to keep my vaginal area as healthy as possible.  As U know HRT is delivered differently to VA - although this may sting a bit initially if so, don't push it too deeply.  Gently gently .......

Lynda07

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2023, 07:19:54 PM »

Very well put CLKD. I need to remember that.
Pages: 1 [2]