Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: continuous spotting  (Read 1775 times)

Annalou77

• First Flush
continuous spotting
« on: March 24, 2023, 09:37:29 AM »

After weeks of continuous bleeding in December through January I eventually stopped bleeding . Now for the past several weeks i have had continuous spotting . Its not much but i have to wear pad. is this at all normal with peri? should I worry ? I really feel stupid when asking the doctor as if i should already know its hormonal ...sigh ... so if i dont have a period for 12 months but continue to spot does this mean im still not in menopause ? thanx

Curlygirl

Re: continuous spotting
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 10:23:14 AM »

Annalou77

I am having this exact same problem but I’ve not been bleeding for quite as long as you have.

Mine has been 3 weeks of bleeding and now a continuous pinky/light brown spotting for the last week.

When my bright red bleeding stopped (last Friday). The spotting was dark brown which then eased over the weekend to this pinky/light brown that I still have now and no idea when it will end

I had a 40 day gap this last time and pretty sure I didn’t ovulate

Are you on HRT? I’m not at the moment

I’m sure it is all hormonal as the lovely ladies on here reassure me that it is

It’s probably a sign that we are getting deeper into peri

Did you see a GP about the long bleeding?

I saw mine last week and she didn’t seem that worried about it at the moment

I have another appointment at the end of April

Let us know how you get on xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 10:25:01 AM »

Morning.  There may not be enough hormone to cleanse the womb completely = that annoying spotting.!  4 me it was normal, several weeks of missed periods: when they returned I would bleed for several days, have a gap for 2/3 then have that brown show for 24 hours.  Enough to wear a pad.  It was 'normal' for me. 

I was never aware of ovulation.

At least posting here, nowt is silly, stupid or un-necessary: if symptoms are a worry for any1, then ask ;-)

Curlygirl

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2023, 10:30:18 AM »

After weeks of continuous bleeding in December through January I eventually stopped bleeding . Now for the past several weeks i have had continuous spotting . Its not much but i have to wear pad. is this at all normal with peri? should I worry ? I really feel stupid when asking the doctor as if i should already know its hormonal ...sigh ... so if i dont have a period for 12 months but continue to spot does this mean im still not in menopause ? thanx

Annalou77, what colour is the continuous spotting?

You say you bled through December and through January. What about February? Was that a normal month for you?

There are some really knowledgeable and helpful ladies on here with some really great advice

Xx

Curlygirl

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 10:32:17 AM »

Any bleeding or spotting that you have to start counting the 12 months again

That is what I have been told by the ladies on here ❤️
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 10:43:33 AM by Curlygirl »

Annalou77

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2023, 07:49:34 PM »

Thank you ladies . February i had spotting as well but not an actual bleed. just seems like im spotting alot....i did speak to GP about the weeks and weeks long bleed and she was sure it was hormonal.offered drugs to help stop it but i had stopped not long after speaking to her anyways . im not on HRT but have been very much considering it . I really want it to be a miracle cure for all these peri symptoms but the anxiety i seem to be plagued with during this perimenopause keeps telling me not to !  the colour of spotting seems to be light pinky / brown ....sometimes a bit brighter but not bright red like a period. im sure its all hormonal and just the anxiety thats making me think otherwise... never used to feel like i was bothering GP before ... always imagine shes going to tell me to get a grip and stop overthinking all of this lol  but thank you very much for just taking the time out to answer me . Dont feel just as on my own with all of this.

Curlygirl

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2023, 09:21:47 PM »

Thank you ladies . February i had spotting as well but not an actual bleed. just seems like im spotting alot....i did speak to GP about the weeks and weeks long bleed and she was sure it was hormonal.offered drugs to help stop it but i had stopped not long after speaking to her anyways . im not on HRT but have been very much considering it . I really want it to be a miracle cure for all these peri symptoms but the anxiety i seem to be plagued with during this perimenopause keeps telling me not to !  the colour of spotting seems to be light pinky / brown ....sometimes a bit brighter but not bright red like a period. im sure its all hormonal and just the anxiety thats making me think otherwise... never used to feel like i was bothering GP before ... always imagine shes going to tell me to get a grip and stop overthinking all of this lol  but thank you very much for just taking the time out to answer me . Dont feel just as on my own with all of this.

Oh I feel for you I really do. This is like exactly how I feel. I’ve had a month of bleeding and spotting by tomorrow and am thoroughly fed up of it. I did have medication from the GP to try and stop it but I’ve not yet taken it.

I also suffer with anxiety which makes everything seem worse in your head than maybe it actually is. My GP didn’t seem that worried either and said it’s all hormones and to go back and see her in a month

I’m not on HRT at the moment either

Sounds like you have a decent GP like I am lucky to have too. Doesn’t stop the overthink though does it  :-\

Maybe take the courage to try HRT and see how it is for you?

If ever you are worried just pop on here. There’s is always someone around to reassure you that it’s all ok

You are definitely never alone with all this xx
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 09:43:45 PM by Curlygirl »

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2023, 10:02:19 AM »

I think you should ask your gp for a scan in case something else is causing it. You may have fibroids or polyps.

Curlygirl

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2023, 10:09:29 AM »

Annalou77

Have you had any break between December and this spotting now or has it been continuously throughout? Xx

EllieJ

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2023, 10:31:32 AM »

I had spotting frequently on and off and when I was checked out I was told I also have cervical ectropion which may also be causing the spotting alongside hormones. Incidentally I was never sure when to start the 12 month count from, but my gp counts my last proper (although light) period as being August, even though I had a few days spotting in October which didn’t require sanitary wear.

Elle 77

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2023, 09:55:40 PM »

Hi ladies , just reading through your comments and i feel the same. Im 45 and in peri meno.  Ihave been bleeding wuth barely no breaks since january!  At end feb nurse done bloods and smear . All fine except showing on cusp of peri. They suggested mini pill cerelle. After taking it for 2 months i was still bleeding, then i hsd a very painful abdomen which i seen the doctor as emergency and resulted in a decidual cast i think you call it, which relieved the pain straight away! After that the bleeding subsided and stopped for 7 days.  It then stsrted again but very light , abd has stayed ever since. Im nearly 4 months on cerelle and im unsure wether to keep going on it , or if it is this mini pill causing the light bleed?  Ive tried transaxmic acid for 4 days , only one month, with no change . Doctor has also prescribed norithistone as a one off, which i havent tried yet.  Im currently waiting on an ultra sound which i requested and up to date blood tests.  No  hrt has been offered and my doctor said it wont help with bleeding anyway? So confused ladies , if anyone experiencing any of these things id love some advice. This site has been somewhere to turn too 🥰

Clarella

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2023, 06:43:33 AM »

Elle, would you consider a merina coil?

Elle 77

• First Flush
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2023, 07:33:06 AM »

Thankyou for your reply, nothing like that has been suggested yet, although i have looked into it. Im now waiting on second set of blood tests to check fsh level and its 50 weeks wait for ultra sound so thinking of going private. Dr doesnt seem to know what to do 🤔 xx

Pauline67

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2023, 07:43:21 AM »

Thankyou for your reply, nothing like that has been suggested yet, although i have looked into it. Im now waiting on second set of blood tests to check fsh level and its 50 weeks wait for ultra sound so thinking of going private. Dr doesnt seem to know what to do 🤔 xx

50 weeks?? OMG that is ridicules.  I got mine within 3 days of speaking to a doctor due to bleeding.  I would personally get back to them.

sheila99

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2023, 09:09:06 AM »

I would push the gp to get the scan done sooner as it may show what treatment is appropriate. Most are done on the 2 week pathway as a cancer risk so they definitely can be done faster than 50 weeks (not suggesting you have cancer but waiting 50 weeks imo isn't acceptable).