Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Estrogen levels  (Read 556 times)

Baldrick11

Estrogen levels
« on: March 23, 2023, 11:57:26 AM »

I was on Evorol 50 for a couple of years but my blood test showed my Estrogen levels as 94pmol so the doctor thought I may not be absorbing so she put me on Lenzetto spray, 2 sprays a day. I hade a second blood test and it had gone down to 74pmol so my doctor said to up to 3 sprays.

Last week I had another blood test and now my estrogen is 705pmol is this normal?

I still have symptoms- short fuse and emotional and in the last week have had a constant tummy ache like period pain but I don’t get period as have merina coil could this be due to my estrogen level, is it to high?

Thanks for any thoughts

sheila99

Re: Estrogen levels
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 12:04:24 PM »

Is there a typo or has it really gone from 74 to 705? It seems so unlikely one extra spray has caused this I'd suspect contamination or spike in your own production. If it's genuine it's high but not consistent with oestrogen deficiency symptoms. Are you meno or peri? Or perhaps you don't know as you have a coil?

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 12:06:56 PM »

You have 6 posts asking the same question. Can I suggest you delete 5of them? Not sure if you can do it yourself but you can ask Emma (the administrator) to do it.

Wrensong

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 12:11:53 PM »

Was the blood taken from the arm where you'd recently applied Lenzetto?

Baldrick11

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 12:13:27 PM »

Hi Shelia,

Please arrange for the duplicate posts to be deleted, not sure how that happened.

Yes my blood have jumped from 74 to 705, I did question this with the doctor receptionist and am waiting for the doctor to get back to me.

I am 56 so expect I am well into my menopause but not sure as had a coil for over 10 years and therefore no periods.  I’ve been on HRT for about 4 years.  Only swapped from patch to Lenzetto in December as the bloods were low then 94pmol and then in early Feb they were down to 74pmol then last week up to 705!

I too am not sure this is correct

Baldrick11

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 12:17:34 PM »

@Wrensong I apply Lenzetto to both forearms at night and the test was done the next day lunchtime, maybe this had an impact