Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mirena side effects  (Read 2986 times)

Grheliz1

Re: Mirena side effects
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2023, 08:34:26 AM »

I hope the menopause consultant hurries up amending the false information and pushes through your oestrogen quickly. You might find it all feels much better when you're actually on the correct combination of hormones. You must feel very frustrated about this! So annoying.

jorainbow

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2023, 02:30:52 PM »

Still waiting for the call to update. Will chase after work. Which was full of brain fog and pain

jorainbow

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2023, 10:24:46 AM »

Update!  The meno consultant secretary has called. There is a task going to my GP to confirm I am allowed oestrogen.  The only issue I have now is hope awful the mirena is making me feel. Bleeding incredibly heavily now, pain is not getting any better either.  From a few aches and pains I've gone to being a mess of tears, anxiety, pain, inability to go to the loo and awful brain fog.  This time last week I might have had joint pain but that I could deal with!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2023, 11:14:04 AM »

Update!  The meno consultant secretary has called. There is a task going to my GP to confirm I am allowed oestrogen.  The only issue I have now is hope awful the mirena is making me feel. Bleeding incredibly heavily now, pain is not getting any better either.  From a few aches and pains I've gone to being a mess of tears, anxiety, pain, inability to go to the loo and awful brain fog.  This time last week I might have had joint pain but that I could deal with!

Thank goodness! I am so pleased and I really hope your GP sorts this out quickly. Hopefully with the oestrogen the side effects of the mirena will lessen.

jorainbow

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2023, 03:57:11 PM »

Thanks Flossie. Looks like it'll be Monday now. I hope x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2023, 04:02:38 PM »

Thanks Flossie. Looks like it'll be Monday now. I hope x

That is very good to hear. I hope you feel okay over the weekend.

jorainbow

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2023, 04:03:08 PM »

Unfortunately not Flossie. Bleeding heavily changing a pad every two hours, spaced out and  either weepy or angry. The only positive is a combination of lactulose and a curry got a result!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2023, 07:03:55 PM »

Unfortunately not Flossie. Bleeding heavily changing a pad every two hours, spaced out and  either weepy or angry. The only positive is a combination of lactulose and a curry got a result!

Oh no, how awful.  :( I am so sorry you are feeling this way and the bleeding sounds so heavy too. Is this interrupting your sleep?

I hope the curry was nice. :)

jorainbow

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2023, 04:46:50 AM »

It was lovely Flossie. No I'm lucky that I have no sleep issues normally so the fact I'm feeling sedated anyway plus the bleeding means I'm sleeping heavily. I fell asleep yesterday afternoon too! I'm hoping the dr will call today though I'm sure the answer will be bear with it plus anti depressants for mood and more hormones fir bleeding. Or am I just being cynical!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2023, 08:41:25 AM »

It was lovely Flossie. No I'm lucky that I have no sleep issues normally so the fact I'm feeling sedated anyway plus the bleeding means I'm sleeping heavily. I fell asleep yesterday afternoon too! I'm hoping the dr will call today though I'm sure the answer will be bear with it plus anti depressants for mood and more hormones fir bleeding. Or am I just being cynical!

It is great you had a decent sleep as that always helps. I think you need to be really firm with the Dr and insist on having the coil removed. You know your own body and it is terrible they have made you keep it in this long when you told them how much you are suffering.

jorainbow

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2023, 08:43:10 AM »

Yes I'm very lucky I get a good 7 or 8 hours each  night. I'll update when the dr calls. Thanks for your support x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2023, 08:43:49 AM »

My pleasure. :)

jorainbow

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2023, 04:03:37 PM »

They won't prescribe until my blood pressure is under control. It was last taken in June 2022. So now I have to provide readings. You absolutely couldn't make this up.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2023, 05:08:16 PM »

They won't prescribe until my blood pressure is under control. It was last taken in June 2022. So now I have to provide readings. You absolutely couldn't make this up.

Utterly frustrating! HRT can help with high blood pressure. They seem so uneducated. I am so sorry. Can you ask them to refer you to a menopause clinic? Did they say if they will remove the coil? I am not sure if you still want it removed.

jorainbow

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2023, 05:37:33 PM »

It's the menopause clinic who said I can have HRT so I'll call them again tomorrow. I did a search re HRT and BP on here which confirmed. Honestly right now I want the coil removing and to just go back to managing naturally, hoping the biopsy is negative again. The risk is if the hyperplasia is back I'd need the coil. So my sensible head says despite feeling awful and bleeding still, to stick it out til the results are in. I did take my BP and it is high but I'm not surprised!
Pages: 1 [2] 3