Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Re starting hrt  (Read 2360 times)

Jan1234

Re starting hrt
« on: March 22, 2023, 10:06:48 AM »

Hi im 59 yesrs old and over the past few years ive had a lot of problem with re occuring polyps and bleeding while being on hrt conti i was on kliofem up until January when i stopped hrt because of this, las year i tried oestrogel and ultrogeston and bled for 7 months, after re occuring visits to pmb clinic everything is fine and she said to try a different hrt i was adamant i was not going back on it but nlw im struggling terrible everyday i cant take vitamins ive tried a no of times and ha e awful nausea and stomache cramps so gp as given me evoral 50 to try i did notice that these come in different strengths, my gp didnt know much about hrt but i was wondering as i have been off hrt fir 3months would this be the right strength to start on,

Flossieteacake

Re: Re starting hrt
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 10:29:25 AM »

Hello Jan. The lowest dose is 25 so perhaps you could cut the 50 patches in half to get your body used to it slowly.

Jan1234

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 10:32:49 AM »

Thats wat im worried about starting off on a higher dose and cause bleeding problems again

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 10:35:05 AM »

Thats wat im worried about starting off on a higher dose and cause bleeding problems again

No need to worry. Just cut the patch in half and you will be on the lowest dose. :)

Jan1234

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 10:44:36 AM »

Ok thanks il try that i hvnt even put my prescription in chemist yet been a bit nervous about going back on ot 2 be honest had so much problems but cant cope with the way im feeling so not much choice really

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 10:46:13 AM »

Ok thanks il try that i hvnt even put my prescription in chemist yet been a bit nervous about going back on ot 2 be honest had so much problems but cant cope with the way im feeling so not much choice really

It can take time to find the right HRT so I understand why you have been nervous about restarting it. Having had side effects it is understandable you feel anxious they will return.

Jan1234

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2023, 11:00:05 AM »

Yeh i just think ive gone 3 months perhaps symptoms will improve and stay off it, i can deal with nigt sweats and flushes but not thw other symptons i now feel 80 lol

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2023, 11:01:05 AM »

Yeh i just think ive gone 3 months perhaps symptoms will improve and stay off it, i can deal with nigt sweats and flushes but not thw other symptons i now feel 80 lol

Then it sounds like restarting HRT is a good idea. It can really help with the aching bones.

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2023, 03:32:24 PM »

Have you been prescribed a progestin? As you have a womb you need it to keep your lining thin (I'm assuming the evorel is the oestrogen only evorel patch not the conti patch that also contains a progestin)?

Jan1234

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2023, 04:11:21 PM »

Sheila99 they are evorel conti

Flossieteacake

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2023, 04:46:42 PM »

I am not sure if evorel conti can be cut in half. I mentioned cutting them in half as I thought you were on evorel 50. Hopefully somebody else will know the answer to that.

Jan1234

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2023, 05:30:34 PM »

No they evoral conti but gp said they are 50 mcg

Jan1234

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2023, 07:57:45 AM »

So do the evorel conti patches come in different strengths bit confused now gp prescribed theses to me saying they release 50mcg daily so if im right that would be lower than what j was on before which was klofem 2mg/1mg, which is fine aa i wanted to re start hrt and on a sljghtly lower strength and then work up slowly if needed,

Flossieteacake

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2023, 08:24:09 AM »

No, Evorel Coni only has one dose. I am not sure  if it is a different dose but hopefully somebody will know. I know on the home page there is a list of HRT preparations and comparisons. Maybe that will help.

Jan1234

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2023, 09:35:46 AM »

Ok thanks i dont think they be any good for me then they will prob help me tje way i am now but then id have to change again at some point ive always been on 2mg/1mg so bit of a difference i said my gp was not very good
Pages: [1] 2