Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan  (Read 982 times)

tripletx

• First Flush
Utrogestan
« on: March 24, 2023, 06:44:38 PM »

Hi,   I am post menopausal, just turned 60 and came off HRT last year due to post menopausal bleeding and polyps removed.    Since then I have had severe anxiety, low appetite and insomnia which i don’t know whether it is withdrawal symptoms of coming off mirtazapine 3 months ago or not.   Anyway i went to a private menopause doctor today and he has taken bloods which will be back in two weeks but has given me Utrogestan 100 to take for the two weeks until i get the blood test results back.      Given that i am post menopausal and have been for 7 years i take it it is ok to take Utrogestan on its own (progesterone) without any oestrogen?    Would welcome any thoughts?

sheila99

Re: Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 07:04:29 PM »

It's safe but why would you? It's oestrogen that will help with your symptoms, progesterone is what we have to put up with so we can have oestrogen. Your oestrogen levels are guaranteed to be low so is there a reason he didn't prescribe oestrogen? Anxiety and insomnia can be symptoms of oestrogen deficiency they were my worst symptoms.

tripletx

• First Flush
Re: Utrogestan
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 07:46:06 PM »

I don’t know but he has definitely only given me the progesterone to take for two weeks until the blood test results come back