Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Bleeding/spotting  (Read 1220 times)

Mollymoo

Bleeding/spotting
« on: March 24, 2023, 07:21:48 PM »

Not sure if this is a coincidence or not but I changed my patch today (evorel conti) and have started to bleed (brown colour)

I have been getting bleeds since I started this patch over 6 months ago.

Anybody else experienced this

Kathleen

Re: Bleeding/spotting
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 08:13:49 PM »

Hello  Mollymoo.

It's been a while since I used Evotel patches but I do remember having some bleeding, spotting and brown discharge during that time.

I understand it is very common to have bleeding within the first six months of any HRT however you may want to mention it to your GP who can organise a scan to check that all is well.

Hopefully more ladies will soon be along  to advise you.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

flossie fiddler

Re: Bleeding/spotting
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 01:19:15 PM »

I had this both times I was on Evorel Conti. The progesterone is a different type to some other progesterones. I did have investigations the first time and found I had an intra-uterine polyp, which I had removed. But the bleeds continued. So I switched to Everton Sequi, so I knew when the bleeds were due. After a break, went back on Conti aged 57, and started bleeding again, so I’ve now switched to Evorel 50 and oral Utrogestan 100mg.

The Utrogestan is apparently licensed for use on a 25/28 regime, meaning you have a break from it on day 26-28 and start again on Day 1 of the next 28 day cycle. However, for me that was causing a bleed. When I went for my last review, the nurse agreed that the break could be instigating a bleed, and was at great pains to point out that despite it not being licensed for continuous use, most ladies she knows take it continuously. (Hint, hint). So that what I’m doing now, since the start of Feb, and the bleeds really are becoming less heavy, shorter and less frequent.

Bleeding on HRT is common. It may need investigating, but often there’s no real cause, and just something we have to put up with. For me, it’s worth a little inconvenience to get my life back.