Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Unexpected bleeding  (Read 430 times)

Stillsearching

Unexpected bleeding
« on: March 23, 2023, 09:56:39 PM »

I thought I was sorted. Have been on HRT for about 6 years. About a month ago I experienced spotting for a couple of days. GP sent me for a scan which didn't show a problem. Last Friday I started spotting again and by Monday had to use a tampon. Back to the GP who looked at a Yes/No diagram which she said told her to reduce my estrogen. I asked her to consult the meno clinic which she did. The response was that she has to persevere with getting the right combination for me. Why would my prescription suddenly be wrong after 6 years? I'm not confident to take advice from someone who has basically Googled the problem. It doesn't help that last year I moved from Coventry to Portsmouth and my appointments in Coventry have been cancelled without any other arrangements being made. I'm feeling a bit abandoned at the moment.

Hopeful

Re: Unexpected bleeding
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 04:09:16 PM »

Hi still searching
Unfortunately our need for hormones can change over time and HRT needs tweaking. Are you peri or post? As peri will fluctuate more but even postmeno can need updating. Unexplained bleeding should be investigated with a ultrasound scan