Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Perimenopause - Decided to try HRT  (Read 631 times)

Abasto

• First Flush
Perimenopause - Decided to try HRT
« on: March 20, 2023, 06:55:20 PM »

Well I have bitten the bullet and managed to get a face to face drs appointment (that was another story)  . I went to my appointment and it was with a man 😱😱 . Found it awkward telling my ladies issues with a man . I managed to do so . He was wanting to send me more information about HRT , and then he said get back in touch with what I want to do . I said hang on a minute I want to done today.  I mentioned about issues with my face and he said it could be down to the Perimenopause. I said yes but what are these bumps . I said could it be acne , he said it could be , I said what about rosacea, he said it could be that too … He never told me which it is . I don’t want to clog up the pores if it’s acne . He was no help in this area etc .

I got given Estraderm patches MX25. and Utrogestan 100mg caps .

I hope these help , as I feel like I’m going crazy at the moment . Wish me luck :)

Flossieteacake

Re: Perimenopause - Decided to try HRT
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2023, 07:06:39 PM »

Good luck Abasto. You did so well to go to the appointment and open up. :)

SarahT

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2023, 07:14:20 PM »

Hello Abasto,
It's not easy trying to explain all the varied and distressing symptoms with peri\meno, yes there is a lot to think about, but well done on  insisting you get your hrt set up that day, not to wait around.
 My first few posts on this wonderful forum were to say I think I am going mad, so I am sure many can identify with how you feel. As you have probably seen from others,it can take a while to settle in hrt, but there are so many here far more experienced than me who can offer all the advice and support whatever questions you come up with.
With regards to your facial skin, am not sure what you problems are, but  have had awful bouts of sensitive, hot red skin that flares up. I switched to Aveeno Calm and Restore and it has really calms things down, kind of cools my skin too. Everyone is different but this works for me.
Take care and yes - good luck

VanillaLover

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 08:40:54 AM »

Hi, well done for going to the doctor and speaking about it. What symptoms have you been having ? How are your periods at the moment etc?

About the face skin, what sort of problems have you been having? I suffer from eczema anyway and started getting it on my forehead around time peri started. I think it was the skin dryness setting it off. Drove me nuts. Itchy, raised bumps….then flaking skin……I was having to use my strong eczema cream frequently on it which is not great. Started HRT and it’s cured….very occasionally get an easily sorted attack of it but basically gone.

This is a good place for support for you, welcome

Tisiphone

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2023, 12:20:09 PM »

Just want to add, re finding it difficult to talk to a male practitioner about gynaecological issues - if you are based in the UK you have the right to same sex healthcare and you should never feel awkward asking for it. 

Abasto

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023, 01:09:07 PM »

Good luck Abasto. You did so well to go to the appointment and open up. :)
Thanks

Abasto

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2023, 01:26:39 PM »

Hello Abasto,
It's not easy trying to explain all the varied and distressing symptoms with peri\meno, yes there is a lot to think about, but well done on  insisting you get your hrt set up that day, not to wait around.
 My first few posts on this wonderful forum were to say I think I am going mad, so I am sure many can identify with how you feel. As you have probably seen from others,it can take a while to settle in hrt, but there are so many here far more experienced than me who can offer all the advice and support whatever questions you come up with.
With regards to your facial skin, am not sure what you problems are, but  have had awful bouts of sensitive, hot red skin that flares up. I switched to Aveeno Calm and Restore and it has really calms things down, kind of cools my skin too. Everyone is different but this works for me.
Take care and yes - good luck

Abasto

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2023, 01:34:04 PM »

Hi, well done for going to the doctor and speaking about it. What symptoms have you been having ? How are your periods at the moment etc?

About the face skin, what sort of problems have you been having? I suffer from eczema anyway and started getting it on my forehead around time peri started. I think it was the skin dryness setting it off. Drove me nuts. Itchy, raised bumps….then flaking skin……I was having to use my strong eczema cream frequently on it which is not great. Started HRT and it’s cured….very occasionally get an easily sorted attack of it but basically gone.

This is a good place for support for you, welcome

The symptoms I have been are very depressed (more than normal) , angry, no patience, get upset over nothing , irritable all of the time , itchy skin  all over , brain fog is terrible , talking rubbish the wrong words come out , I ache all over , joints pain , skin on face has kicked off . Periods are lighter , starting off spotting , 2 days are slightly heavier, then back to spotting. It happens every month .

Face not sure if it’s acne or rosacea or something else .

Abasto

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2023, 01:36:15 PM »

Just want to add, re finding it difficult to talk to a male practitioner about gynaecological issues - if you are based in the UK you have the right to same sex healthcare and you should never feel awkward asking for it.

It’s hard enough getting an appointment full stop . I think I only got that one as I was getting angry .