Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Help needed with utrogestan please  (Read 599 times)

discogirl

Help needed with utrogestan please
« on: May 26, 2023, 03:01:15 PM »

I was wanting some help regarding utrogestan please.

I cannot take utrogestan at night, either orally or vaginally as both ways seem to make me feel very wired and seems to affect my sleep. I know it is suppose to sedate you however it does not seem to do that with me.

I really don't want to take it orally at all so I have been taking it vaginally in the mornings.

I found something from Besins regarding absorption of the utrogestan albeit for fertility purposes that it does seem to absorb pretty quickly so I'm using this method at the moment.

I was wondering as I take it vaginally in the mornings would I be able to take it every other morning, as in alternate days as advised by the balance menopause site.

The reason for this is I seem to suffer from chronic anxiety whilst I am using the utrogestan, it is a feeling of constant dread, all day and I really cannot put up with it much more. I wondered if using it every other day might minimise these feelings.

Any advice would be very grateful. Thank you

discogirl

Re: Help needed with utrogestan please
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 03:27:07 PM »

Hi poppytoast,

Yes I was reading the threads regarding taking utrogestan rectally as well, there's another lady who takes it that way and she seems to be fine using it that way.

I don't care which orifice I use as long as I can get rid of this anxiety.

Our pharmacists seem to not have a clue; I have a telephone appt with my gp on Tuesday I think I will mention it to him then and see what he says.

I hope you're okay poppytoast and thanks so much for replying xxx

Scampidoodle

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 05:27:40 PM »

There are loads of people on Reddit who take it rectally. Usually from the US or Scandinavia.

Interestingly utrogestan made me wide awake too. And it was that as I could be sleepy, go to bed, take it and my brain woke up.

I took it in the morning for 2 weeks, then I swapped back to night just to try it and I was ok again.

discogirl

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 06:14:49 PM »

hi Scampidoodle

that was the same as me. i would nod off in bed for say 30mins take my utro and it made me wide awake. thats why i take it in the morning vaginally as i couldnt tolerate orally.

the only thing is the horrendous anxiety. its awful which is why im looking at either taking it on a cyclical basis or alternate days but hey if rectally works and i dont get horrendous side effects then great.

thanks so much for your reply i appreciate it xxx