Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Complete 180 change in mood  (Read 827 times)

Floodlights

Complete 180 change in mood
« on: March 15, 2023, 08:38:06 PM »

Hello

I am peri and have been for a number of years. I’m 47. I started taking HRT a couple of years ago because of mood swings, lack of energy, brain fog etc. I take 2.5 pumps of oestrogel every day and utrogestan on days 15-28 . I also have a tiny amount of testosterone gel every day.

The main reason for starting HRT was mood swings. I was experiencing a normal happy life from period to ovulation and then I turned into the devil and experienced every single, horrible, negative emotion for days 15-28. Getting HRT levelled this a bit but I still felt relieved getting my period and ending the utrogestan phase of my cycle.

For some reason, this last 6 weeks, everything has flipped. I now feel rotten on days 1-14 (oestrogel only) and much better/ happier and totally horny days 15-28 (oestrogel and utrogestan.)

How is this possible? Has anyone else done a complete 180 with monthly cyclical mood swings? Does anyone else feel happier and hornier days 15-28 whilst taking utrogestan?

I’m totally confused by this seismic shift in emotions!

Thank you x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Complete 180 change in mood
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 07:40:28 AM »

Was it sudden or a gradual change until you began to be affected by it?  You may need a hike in the dose of the HRT regime.  If it's worked thus far then it's probably your own hormones joining in, causing a shift.

MayB put the product names into the search box: individually: to see the threads that pop up.  Make notes and let us know!

Katherine

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 08:00:54 AM »

Hi, how long have you been on testosterone? My feeling is it could be related to that. I can’t imagine utrogestan causing it. How many cycles have you had since the 180 reversal? Hormones can be so confusing can’t they? I hope you figure it out x

cats4242

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2023, 11:05:52 AM »

Hi I am exactly the same. In perimenopause, been on HRT a year, trialed various doses going both up and down again, been using testosterone since June last year and never seemed to find the right balance that works but did feel it had took the edge off the monthly wild swings in moods etc. However last few months my cycle has flipped too and during what would be a high point in the cycle before ovualtion I feel blaoted, irritable, low mood, low libido. Then the last part of the month during the Utrogestan part im much better. This is odd for me as my own progesterone has always been a huge problem, I always suffered horrific PMT and when I first started on HRT Utorgestan didn't agree with me, I hated it and couldn't wait for that part of the cycle to end. Not sure whats causing it but I feel exactly the same as you. 

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2023, 12:53:26 PM »

Perhaps you've had a spike of your own.