Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT Patches  (Read 1779 times)

Lainy1969

HRT Patches
« on: March 18, 2023, 01:26:58 PM »

Hi, I have been on HRT patches for a week now, I had such a problem keeping them on, thanks for the advice to use "Tegaderm Film 6cm x 7cm", it really does help keep them on and they are waterproof, so hopefully my HRT patches will get a chance to work now, I think when these patches are given to you by the Doctors, they are more aware that loads of people find it hard to keep them on and to advise you to use Tegaderm to keep them on, it would have helped me to know this before starting to use them, as I only came on this site after I started using them, I was given this website details at my appointment, my Nurse is phoning me back on Wednesday to see how I am getting on, hope this helps someone else who has just started using patches and has had same problems as me xx

Gigi1968

• First Flush
Re: HRT Patches
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 10:19:55 PM »

Hi
I am on patches too but haven't had this issue.  Are you applying on a clean non-moisturised area?

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2023, 01:02:54 PM »

I think it's a bit personal. I found evorel patches didn't stick well but estradot does. Others find evorel stick.

Lainy1969

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2023, 08:35:36 PM »

Hi
I am on patches too but haven't had this issue.  Are you applying on a clean non-moisturised area?
yes, they stayed on first day, then just started to curl, but have had no problems since I started putting Tegaderm film
on it xx

Lainy1969

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2023, 08:38:26 PM »

I think it's a bit personal. I found evorel patches didn't stick well but estradot does. Others find evorel stick.
I was ok first day, but 2nd day it started to curl, but since I have put Tegaderm film on it, there hasn't
been a problem xx

Gilla999

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2023, 08:16:33 AM »

Tegaderm are great, I use them too. So glad Flossie from this forum recommended them to me!

Lainy1969

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2023, 11:50:10 AM »

Tegaderm are great, I use them too. So glad Flossie from this forum recommended them to me!
yes, mine have stayed on since I started using Tegaderm, just hopes it doesn't stop it from working, I read
somewhere on here about it can come away from skin when you cover it xx

VanillaLover

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2023, 05:02:01 PM »

I have to say that I use Evorel and I have never had one fall off! In fact pulling the things off when changing them is quite hard.

Once they are on properly, they stay on I find. Occasionally one corner will not stick properly (often if I’ve accidentally touched it en route to my bottom) and in that case I heat the area gently using my hand or parking myself on radiator etc and once it’s on, it’s on.

The only problem with using an occlusive dressing (is Tegaderm breathable? I don’t know) is that perhaps it may drive the oestrogen into the skin faster and you will get an uneven release ie the patch “runs out” too quickly. Correct me if I’m wrong there somebody 🙏 though.

VanillaLover

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2023, 05:07:55 PM »

Also I would worry a bit that if the only way you can keep the patches on is to cover them with film….you may not have very good contact between skin and patch and hence may not get good absorption of the oestrogen?

If you really can’t get the patches to stick, I would perhaps look into getting a different patch. I believe Estradot are smaller and might stick better for you?

Lainy1969

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2023, 08:37:19 PM »

Also I would worry a bit that if the only way you can keep the patches on is to cover them with film….you may not have very good contact between skin and patch and hence may not get good absorption of the oestrogen?

If you really can’t get the patches to stick, I would perhaps look into getting a different patch. I believe Estradot are smaller and might stick better for you?
Thanks for replying to me, my Nurse is phoning me on Wednesday, to see how I am getting on with the patches, will find out more then xx