Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Been prescribed 2 Evorel Conti patches  (Read 1054 times)

lolly1815

• First Flush
Been prescribed 2 Evorel Conti patches
« on: March 09, 2023, 03:44:02 PM »

I am currently on Evorel Conti and a Evorel 50 patch - 54 and 5 years post menopause feel my symptoms have improved enormously but still having breakthrough bleeding. I have had the bleeding checked by ultrasound and all ok. Had a call today from my GP to say they had been discussing this with the pharmacist and they think with the extra Evorel 50 patch I’m not getting enough progesterone and should have 2 Evorel Conti patches at the same time has anyone heard or have tried this? Many thanks 😊

Flossycheesecake

• First Flush
Re: Been prescribed 2 Evorel Conti patches
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2023, 09:22:45 AM »

I'm on evroil sequil patches I change the patch twice a week can change the patches every three days instead of the forth day I've been on the patches 6 week now  :)

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2023, 09:52:09 AM »

They are right. The prog in a conti patch is only sufficient for the oestrogen on the patch. Instead of 2 patches you may prefer a 100 patch with separate prog such as utrogeston.

lolly1815

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2023, 07:39:21 AM »

I have have had major stomach surgery so can’t have oral HRT as they believe you have absorption problems as originally they considered utrogestan and a 100 Evorel patch. I believe a 100 patch and the mirena coil would be the right option for me but our health board do not like to offer this for HRT purposes but I do have another appointment in 2 weeks so will see if I can push for this 🤞😀

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 09:30:52 AM »

Hi Lolly

Yes you are entitled to have Mirena for HRT so do push for it if this is what you want and then there will be no problem with the extra oestrogen

Hurdity x

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2023, 09:52:02 AM »

Or you could take utrogeston vaginally. It's off licence this way in the UK though not in the rest of Europe so they may not like this idea either.