Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti 50 I think  (Read 468 times)

Jools68

• First Flush
Evorel conti 50 I think
« on: March 15, 2023, 10:07:29 AM »

Hi, so I’m Post Menopause not had a period in over 2 years, I’m 54, done the peri menopausal bit, tried HRT gave up, and just got on with it…But..! Post Menopause! The hot flushes,night sweats, anxiety,low mood,aggression,brain fog, and lack of self confidence just went through the roof, but I was still determined to go without HRT till Xmas 2022 when I had a meltdown at work ! So went to Doctor who put me on Evorel Conti 50 I think stuck first patch on 01/02/23 and first week and a half, all good by beginning of 3rd week I got caught out with spotting then a light bleed enough to have to wear a pad ! Lasted a couple of days…then it’s been down hill all it’s helped is flushes/night sweats back to low,low mood (which I hate ) and the rest of symptoms mentioned above.. now on week 7 had another bleed started Saturday last and still wearing a pad/liner as have still got dirty spotting, feeling so low like the way you used to feel before and during a period.Reading comments on here could I half the patch or am I maybe sensitive to progesterone, I go back to doctors for another blood pressure check after 12 weeks on this before I can continue on next course. I’m not feeling the love for continuing this at all ! Any suggestions welcome :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Evorel conti 50 I think
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 12:29:25 PM »

:welcomemm:  buy yourself a home BP monitor and take readings every morning B4 breakfast.  Jot them down to give to your GP.  White Coat Syndrome is common  ::)

It mayB that there isn't enough active hormone to cause a proper bleed hence the 'dirty' show.  Anything in the leaflet in the box about this? Hopefully some1 will be along.

Taz2

Re: Evorel conti 50 I think
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 04:15:57 PM »

Conti HRT can cause bleeding during the first six months but after this it should settle down. Some women have problems with the progesterone element of Evorel as it can cause PMT type symptoms including low mood. You need to give any HRT three months to see if it suits you. If you are then still getting low mood etc it would be worth asking for Evorel 50 patches with a different progesterone.

Taz x  :welcomemm: