Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Has anyone improved bone density without conventional drugs and just diet or HRT  (Read 1664 times)

HellsBells

Hi all.
As displacement activity while waiting for DEXA results I wanted to ask if anyone had had success in improving bone density numbers either with nutrition and exercise alone or with HRT?

I have researched bisphosphonates (first line drugs) and I won't be taking those due to questionable mechanisms (no new bone stimulated) and scary side effects. I have been told in the past that the ones which grow bone (anabolic) are 'too expensive' on the whole for the NHS. To be honest I don't really want to mess around with such a fundamental physical process if I can help it. I support anyone who does take them and is lucky enough to tolerate the effects.

I have also read some research studies on collagen peptides but I think it is very early days. Anyway - just wondered if anyone has managed to increase their numbers using weights etc?? I have also heard about an Australian study called 'Liftmor'.

jaypo

I have done weights for years now and still managed to be diagnosed with osteopenia in September last year,pretty fit,eat well etc etc and it doesn't run in my family,the only thing I'm taking is Accrete prescribed by my Dr,I'm hoping this keeps it at bay as I can't have Hrt