Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Patch increase  (Read 828 times)

Pollydollydoodle

Patch increase
« on: March 13, 2023, 09:27:05 PM »

Hi everyone, I’m currently on Evorel 50 and have been for approx 5 months. After 3 ish months I was starting to think I felt some improvements (less anxiety, less brain fog). I’m now starting to think that maybe that’s no longer the case and I maybe need an increase in dose.

Getting an appointment with my GP is near impossible, so whilst I wait (patiently) I’m thinking about trying a patch and a half. (Cutting a patch and wearing a full and a half = 75).

If I felt no improvement I would just go back to my 50 patch. Is this a crazy idea and should I wait till I see my GP, which could be another 4 weeks!! Px

Jo1968

Re: Patch increase
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 09:51:10 PM »

Someone with some expert knowledge will be along shortly about cutting a patch in half but I had to comment 4 weeks surely you could see a nurse or have a telephone conversation before then.

Ring again and again and insist...

Pollydollydoodle

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 10:18:39 PM »

Unfortunately that’s the reality, rural area, only 2 GPS in the practice, one can’t even spell menopause hence the demand to see the “good” GP! Telephone apt 3 weeks or face to face 4 weeks. Px

SarahT

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 07:51:59 AM »

Hello Polly,

I am much the same as you. 6 months on estradot 50, felt a bit better, more steady, then dipped low again with symptoms getting worse again.

I have just increased yesterday to 75... But I was worried it would be too much too soon. So I have snipped a tiny bit off a  75 to get about 62 increase. Going gently to get my body gradually used to an increase before hitting the 75.

the patch does not stick so well for me, so a bit of micropore tape helps. Seems like a few ladies cut their patches as well?

Someone I know said yesterday she was in a bad way and went straight from 50 to 100. Hard-core girl. But the g.p was ok with her. It is so individual all this tweaking.

Wish you well

Jo1968

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 04:11:13 PM »

I went straight from 50 to 75 a week ago..
No probs as yet . Sleeping a tad better

Pollydollydoodle

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2023, 09:11:16 PM »

Hi Polly
I agree with Sarah T as I did exactly the same. I was on a 50 patch and increased by 12.5 and after about a week went up another 12.5 and I’ve stayed on the 75 patch and it’s perfect. Good luck xx

Did you do this by cutting the patches to get your increase? Px

SarahT

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2023, 01:00:51 PM »

Hi Polly,

Yes, I cut about a 1/4 off the 75 patch to give me approx 62.5 dose. It did not stick as well on the cut side,so I used a bit of micropore tape to do the job... So far so good...