Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Blood Estrogen Levels  (Read 798 times)

discogirl

Blood Estrogen Levels
« on: March 13, 2023, 04:05:09 PM »

I've just had my bloods done again and my oestradiol level as of 6 March 2023 was 288.

I last had it done on 14 Dec 2022 and they were 267.

My question is if I continue the way I am, my levels will continue to rise, and surely there will come a point where my oestradiol levels will be high?

Does anyone get the way my thought processes are going or am I completely wrong in thinking this?

I mean I feel much better on 3 pumps gel and I'm happy to stay on hrt but if I stay on hrt won't my oestradiol levels just keep going up and up and there will come a point where my body will be this is too much estrogen?

Thanks everyone and sorry for my rambling xxx

Wrensong

Re: Blood Estrogen Levels
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 04:34:06 PM »

Hi discogirl, please don't worry.  If I remember rightly you are postmenopause, so producing little of your own oestradiol?  Your latest result is not much higher than the previous & it's a good level for postmenopause, especially if you feel well on it.  Were you on the same dose for both tests?  If 3 pumps feels right for you & you stay on that dose you will probably find the next result is not much different unless you change what you are doing in terms of applying the gel.  :)
Wx

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 04:53:40 PM »

Hi discogirl, please don't worry.  If I remember rightly you are postmenopause, so producing little of your own oestradiol?  Your latest result is not much higher than the previous & it's a good level for postmenopause, especially if you feel well on it.  Were you on the same dose for both tests?  If 3 pumps feels right for you & you stay on that dose you will probably find the next result is not much different unless you change what you are doing in terms of applying the gel.  :)
Wx

hi wrensong

hope your ok.

yes im postmeno.

i had just dropped from 4 to 3 pumps the 9th dec and my blood test was 14th dec.

i do actually feel more settled on 3 pumps yes.

thanks for clarifying things xxx

Wrensong

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 05:21:17 PM »

That all sounds good then.  The result would probably vary a little each time, but I wouldn't expect it to keep climbing or vary hugely as you are postmenopause & if you continue to feel well & have no reason to change dose, then you may prefer not to test again.  Lovely to hear you are doing well.  :)

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 06:21:29 PM »

That all sounds good then.  The result would probably vary a little each time, but I wouldn't expect it to keep climbing or vary hugely as you are postmenopause & if you continue to feel well & have no reason to change dose, then you may prefer not to test again.  Lovely to hear you are doing well.  :)

hi wrensong thanks for that.

my sleep is still a work in progress although it is better now i take utrogestan orally.

thanks so very much for your reply xxx

Wrensong

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 06:30:54 PM »

It's a pleasure  :)
Sorry about the sleep though - you & me both on that as work in progress.
Hopefully you'll get there.
Wx

discogirl

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2023, 06:39:36 PM »

yes wrensong we will.

im trialing taking vit d in the mornings and a magnesium glycinate if i wake during the night and cant get back to sleep xx

Wrensong

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2023, 07:31:09 PM »

Sounds good again discogirl.  Glad you know to take Vit D in the morning  :) & not close to bedtime, as that's said to keep some people awake taken late in the day.  So many women find magnesium helpful in various ways & I'm sure you know it's said that taking oestrogen increases our requirement for it.  I used to feel so much better for it premenopause when it felt like the missing piece of the puzzle, but struggle to tolerate more than very low doses these days.  I hope you find your sleep improves further for it.  The glycinate is certainly said to be a good form.  I've used bisglycinate & citrate in the past, as well as oxide many years ago when the more readily absorbed forms were not so widely available. 

Sometimes, I think if we've been without HRT for a long time before starting it, it can take a good while for the body to adapt & relax into having higher levels of hormones again, so that some symptoms, especially the stress related ones, may take longer than others to improve or resolve.  But that's just my impression - don't quote me on it ;D  Perhaps easier for the body to accept HRT if it's started before or soon after menopause proper, while our bodies are still very receptive to higher levels of hormones than we are able to produce for ourselves postmenopause.  I hope I'm remembering rightly, that like me you came late to HRT.  If not - just ignore me  ;D.

Dotty

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2023, 08:32:28 PM »

If you stay on the same dose of oestrogen then your levels should stay the same as they are.

If your symptoms are under control then that’s what you need to base your dosage on. Blood levels are not important.

discogirl

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2023, 08:48:59 PM »

Sounds good again discogirl.  Glad you know to take Vit D in the morning  :) & not close to bedtime, as that's said to keep some people awake taken late in the day.  So many women find magnesium helpful in various ways & I'm sure you know it's said that taking oestrogen increases our requirement for it.  I used to feel so much better for it premenopause when it felt like the missing piece of the puzzle, but struggle to tolerate more than very low doses these days.  I hope you find your sleep improves further for it.  The glycinate is certainly said to be a good form.  I've used bisglycinate & citrate in the past, as well as oxide many years ago when the more readily absorbed forms were not so widely available. 

Sometimes, I think if we've been without HRT for a long time before starting it, it can take a good while for the body to adapt & relax into having higher levels of hormones again, so that some symptoms, especially the stress related ones, may take longer than others to improve or resolve.  But that's just my impression - don't quote me on it ;D  Perhaps easier for the body to accept HRT if it's started before or soon after menopause proper, while our bodies are still very receptive to higher levels of hormones than we are able to produce for ourselves postmenopause.  I hope I'm remembering rightly, that like me you came late to HRT.  If not - just ignore me  ;D.

hi wrensong

yes i take my vit d about 7.30am i have heard its important to take with magnesium. my mag glycinate is in tablet form i could take higher doses however i only take a low dose when i wake up in the middle of the night to help me nod off again.

i do think youve got something there. i think if you can start hrt early in menopause journey then your body may take to hrt easier.  although i was post meno my hormones fell off a cliff. i had lost a lot of weight and i think the estrone that i was getting from my fat cells stopped and i got bilateral tinnitus insomnia and anxiety which was through the roof. my tinnitus is much quieter usually and my anxiety is so much better and so is my sleep but nowhere near how i used to sleep so that is still in progress.

it certainly is some journey all this

thanks so much for your replies theyve been so helpful xxx

discogirl

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2023, 08:50:52 PM »

If you stay on the same dose of oestrogen then your levels should stay the same as they are.

If your symptoms are under control then that’s what you need to base your dosage on. Blood levels are not important.

thanks dotty i have it straight in my head now.

dont know why but i can be quite dippy sometimes.i hope your keeping well xxx