Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Ovestin  (Read 645 times)

Lizzie2203

• First Flush
Ovestin
« on: March 13, 2023, 05:21:18 PM »

Hi, this is my first time posting here. 

I have been prescribed Ovestin for vaginal dryness, I started using it Thursday evening, felt fine Friday but started to feel a little unwell on Saturday, the same Sunday and feel absolutely dreadful today.  Terrible fatigue and grogginess, I’ve haven’t been able to shift the ‘just woke up’ feeling all day. I feel very bloated and my tummy is making awful grumbling noises, I have some abdominal discomfort and feel slightly nauseous.  I felt fine before I started using Ovestin. Right now I have no intention of using it again tonight as I feel this has got to be a side effect of the cream. My dryness is slight, no itching or burning, I’d rather be a bit dry down there than feel like this.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ovestin
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 05:28:03 PM »

Hi!  VA treatment is a very small amount of active ingredient.  With 'vagifem' some get pains in the womb area initially which does wear off.

MayB stop and take note of how long it takes to recover from those symptoms.  I hate that bloated-ness which I get after meals some evenings  >:( no rhyme nor reason!

VA needs treating as it can become much worse.  Take a break then review how you feel.  Let us know how you get on.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 09:46:46 AM by CLKD »

Ayesha

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 08:26:50 PM »

If you put Ovestin Side Effects in the search box you will find lots of posts that you might find helpful.

You obviously do seem to be suffering from the side effects of Ovestin and will probably need to try another treatment, vaginal atrophy progressively gets worse.
Have you tried Vagifem pessaries, usually the first in line of treatment by GP's.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 09:46:57 AM »

How R U this morning?

Lizzie2203

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 11:36:24 AM »

Hi, thank you for your replies.
I didn’t use the cream last night and I’m feeling back to normal this morning. What I felt over the weekend and yesterday does seem like an extreme reaction to a little bit of cream but I can’t think what else it could have been. I plan to go back to my GP to discuss this and maybe try Vagifem instead

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2023, 12:03:02 PM »

I would ring the Surgery and ask for a swap.  It could be the fillers rather than the active ingredient, however, I would certainly stop!